Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown - Financial District) Holiday Inn

juice
By juice,
in

So i was originally going to stay with some friends the last night or two of my trip but plans fell through.. I need to find the cheapest alternative for getting a room at least friday night and possibly sat night (730am flight.. is it worth it or just stay up all night?)

looking for something decent.. goal is ~90-110.. how soon should i wait for the last minute deals?

Personally i don't find Priceline to offer 'last minute deals'. I always prefer to bid earlier rather than later. There are exceptions to every rule, but generally speaking once you're inside of 3-4 weeks i find there is more risk in inventory drying up than there is of cheaper inventory being released.

What airport are you flying out of?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It appears that prices are much higher for the nite of the 18th and i'm doubtful you'll be successful in your price range if bidding both nites together (but you can certainly try).

For the 17th, prices are a bit more reasonable and you have a chance at success, but i would recommend raising your limit to $120 to increase you chances somewhat.

Another option is to stay in Jersey City, NJ (easily accessible to Manhattan via PATH train... 8 minutes to downtown, 15-20 to midtown depending upon time of day). PATH runs 24/7 but does have limited hours very early in the morning, so you'd have to consult a time schedule (and be there 5-10 minutes early) to make sure you make it to JFK ontime if you intended to take the PATH to NYC to a taxi (taxi directly from Jersey City to JFK would be about $65 vs. taxi from Downtown to JFK which would be about $45). I think you could get both nites well within your budget (although with no re-bid zones it make take 3-6 days to have success).

Let us know what you want to do and we'll advise with an appropriate strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]