Priceline Hotel: 3* and 4* Pittsburgh Downtown - FAILED

Agoust
By Agoust,
in

It sounds as if you're trying to use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones, if that's the case... DON'T!!!

As per the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing. DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to learn the correct way to determine your re-bid zones and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before proceeding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Four star: I began at $75 and using my rebid zones topped-out at $120. The Pirates are in town that weekend, there's a very large dance fest, and the marathon's that weekend, too.

Three star: I began at $75 and bid up to $85.

I'd welcome any suggestions/help. I'm willing to bid up to $150. I'm willing to stay Downtown, Southside, or around the university.

I used Betterbidding's PRICELINE link.

On HOTWIRE I see a downtown three-starred property at $149. I also see a three-starred property in Oakland at $102; I think this is the Holiday Inn.

Please clarify...

Did you want to bid up to $150 for a 4* hotel before lowering your star rating to a 3* property (or a 3.5* property and then a 3*) OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel for these nites?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone7...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone8...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone9...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected we'll revise to try for a 3.5*.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

No dice; I followed your bidding suggestions but was unsuccessful. Thanks again for your help. I used Betterbidding's link to PRICELINE.

I need to be in Pittsburgh that weekend (May 1 - 3), so I'm willing to go 3 or 3.5 stars. Downtown, University, or Southside are all acceptable. I'd welcome a bidding strategy. Again, I'm willing to go up to $150--which feel excessive, but I know it's an especially busy weekend in Pittsburgh.

Or...

On Hotwire, I see a three-star that's available in Oakland (part of University) for $107. It shows that its amenities include a restaurant, a fitness center, hi speed internet, and laundry facilities. I'm not sure, but I *think* this is the Wyndham which would be nice. (A trip to the Carnegie is in the cards for that weekend.) Betterbidding includes a business center for this hotel, the Wyndham's website says they've got a business center, However hotwire doesn't include that icon.

Any sense?

Please feel free to punt this over to the other board.

Thanks again for your help!

Just stumbled upon something by accident...

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Searching HOTWIRE for just the nite of 5/1 there is a 4* Downtown hotel for just $89/nite... if you pick this up you'll then likely have to change hotels for the Saturday nite (HOTWIRE has 3* properties in the Downtown and Oakland zones for ~$150/nite each... although note that HOTWIRE can often rate hotels a little higher than PRICELINE, so these 3* properties could be 3* or 2.5* on price.lnie) Assuming the 4*/3* combo would be acceptable to you, you'd come in under $150/nite budget and one nite would be in at least a 4* property.

Thoughts?

If you didn't, please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of the Doubletree and most other major hotel chains... please use our links to begin your hotel direct and online agency reservations.

Given your back-up reservation at $135/nite do you now have a lower maximum bid than $150?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]