Hotwire Hotel: 3* Winston-Salem (Downtown-Coliseum) Holiday Inn Select Unvsity Prkwy

bdwpac81
By bdwpac81,
in

I am looking to stay in the downtown area of Winston-Salem for a conference at Wake Forest University. I've entered the dates, 5/18/09-5/22/09, into Hotwire and there is a 3-star property with these icons: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet. Rate is $57. The Residence Inn is sold out during this time and the icons do not match either. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? As always, I plan to use the Better Bidding link when making my purchase... this site is a lifesaver!

I may have found an answer to my own question... trenslori posted a message in the Priceline forum several months ago and saw the Holiday Inn Select listed as 3-star on Hotwire but was able to get it slightly cheaper by using Priceline. I might be wiling to take my chances... looks like a nice property. I'll certainly post again if I decide to proceed... and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE LINKS!

Brandon

I'll certainly post again if I decide to proceed... and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE LINKS!

Please post with whatever you end up doing for this stay, even if it's not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE as it adds a 'resolution' to your thread rather than leave future readers wondering if you were successful but didn't post the win, tried bidding but were rejected, cancelled the trip, etc.

I'll add that the Holiday Inn Select University Parkway is 3* rated and has the amenities above, so that woudl be my best guess.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I was able to obtain the Holiday Inn Select on University Parkway on Hotwire with the amenities and price mentioned previously. The hotel is in a good location with several shopping and restaurant options nearby. The hotel was clean and quiet. They did have a small bar/restaurant in the lobby with limited room service which was nice. Overall, it was an average experience.

Brandon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]