different prices for more than one room

Bruchpilot
By Bruchpilot,
in

good morning thereuare!!!

you see, i love your page!!! here is something what the "people from old europe" dont understand. following your advise, we think about staying in jersey city. and i used HW and found the following prices:

2,5* hoboken, jersey city

date: 12/02 - 12/05 (3 nights)

price for one room: 68 usd/night

price for two rooms: 80 usd/night

price for three rooms: 76 usd/night

price for four rooms: 72 usd/night

please, is anybody there who can explain me, why two rooms on the same dates are more expensive than one room? my answer is: the hotel hasnt got so many rooms at the same price, BUT: why are three rooms on the same date cheaper than two rooms???

i think, HW is not fair in this case? but maybe anyone knows the right answer on this?

More info for those that are technologically interested:

Hotwire fluctuates prices from search-to-search, regardless of the number of rooms. You could have two computers in front of each other, do the exact same search and hit the ENTER button at the exact same time, and you will likely come up with different prices for each search.

However, Hotwire 'knows' the source of each search. So if you do the same exact search within a short period of time (say 24 hours or so, depending upon the 'expiration time' they use) you will be shown the same prices that you were shown earlier.

When you change the number of rooms, date, etc., it is now treated as a completely new search and you can get different prices than you did on a prior search.

Before my reply above i did a search and for your dates and stay above... for one room it returned $77/nite and i got the same price (coincidentally) when i changed the search to two rooms. Both of these prices differ from the prices you were quoted above... it's all due to the randomness of Hotwire's pricing model from search-to-search and user-to-user.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One more thing...

Since prices fluctuate from search-to-search and user-to-user you can try simultaneous searches on multiple computers (or multiple browsers as different browsers, even on the same machine, are each defined as a unique user) and purchase the search with the cheapest offer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]