Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel

Imagine2
By Imagine2,
in

Bid history today. 3.5* $51, $61, $67, $71 Accepted at $71 + $15.33 = $86.33

Other bids I have seen in the calendar ranged from $71 to $120. I expected the price to be between $70 and $90 due to a less busy night.

The Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is what I was hoping for, because it is a short block from the cruise ship, so no taxi required and right in Old Town because we are not planning on renting a car this day.

For reference

The Sheraton price for Sheraton OSJH is $199 for 5/9/09 Extra high due to Caribbean Princess Cruise ship departing 5/10/09 (and possibly others).

The Sheraton price for Sheraton OSJH is $139 for 5/17/09 Not as many people staying in hotels the night when the cruise ship returns.

-------------------------

Here is another Hotel I received today through PRICELINE (I'm posting separate also but wanted to show the comparison for others benefit)

3* San Juan, Courtyard By Marriott San Juan Isla Verde

$70 ... 5/9/09-5/10/09

I expected the San Juan Courtyard Miramar, by the number of winning bids on the Betterbidding.com calendar.

The Courtyard By Marriott San Juan Isla Verde is right on the beach, which is a bonus. No complaints. :-)

We are renting a car to tour Puerto Rico the next day, before heading to our cruise ship.

Bid history today. 3* $48, $56, $62, $70 (last bid opportunity in 24 hrs) Accepted at $70 + $15.21 = $85.21

Other bids I have seen in the calendar ranged from $45 to $79 I expected the price to be between $70 to $80, because San Juan Hotels are very high for this busy night.

If I had tried for this hotel the night after the ship returns, I would have expected the price to be between $45 to $60 due to a less busy night, but I will never know because I went for the 3.5* Sheraton instead. ;-)

For reference

The San Juan Courtyard Miramar is $152 for 5/9/09 Extra high due to Caribbean Princess Cruise ship departing 5/10/09 (and possibly others).

The San Juan Courtyard Miramar is $135 for 5/17/09 Not as many people staying in hotels the night when the cruise ship returns.

The Marriott price for Marriott SJ Isla Verde is $149 for either 5/9/09 or 5/17/09 By airport, Further from Cruise ship port.

------------

This is the first time I have bid on PRICELINE. Thanks for the information on the betterbidding.com web site.

Yes, I used the link at the top of the page to access PRICELINE

When you check in, watch for any signs at the front desk telling of "resort" or other special additional fees. Maybe print out the exact wording of the Priceline contract where it describes what your payment covers and doesn't cover. Sometimes the fees are disputable, and sometimes they aren't, but it helps to be prepared. It has been several years since I was there, and likely changed, but worth being cautious.

On the other hand, there was a ColdStone ice cream place just down the main street. Great for sitting out in the evening and watching those big ships.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success... another nice deal!

Assuming your ship docks in Old San Juan (vs. the Pan American Pier) you can litteraly walk right off the ship and into the hotel, so this should work out quite well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]