Priceline Hotel: Hotwire or Priceline - Vegas 4/16-4/19

KDBELLE
By KDBELLE,
in

I have been stalking this site along with watching PRICELINE and HOTWIRE for quite some time now and have recently decided to take the plunge and use the forums along with either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for a trip to Vegas April 16th through April 19th.

HOWEVER......I'm unsure on which one would be the best bet...We're wanting (4 of us - 2 couples in one room) a hotel on the strip preferrably 4* and have been looking into bidding on Priceline - South Strip, hoping for either the Luxor or MGM and not wanting to spend more than $100 per night ( and would prefer $75). As we looked into that on betterbidding we saw that there is a chance of that BUT there's also the chance of the Westin....which we REALLY DON'T WANT!!!

My question is....would it be better to bid on the 4* TI in the north strip to be on the strip or is there an amount that we could bid that may increase our chances of getting the preferred 4* MGM or Luxor (keeping in mind that we want to be on the actual STRIP)?

Or would we be better off using HOTWIRE to stay on the actual strip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have two issues...

1) PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that its at the discretion of the hotel. You could recieve a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to change your room assignment to a room with two beds. As well, if they are willing/able, there could be an additional charge ($15-$30/pp per day)

2) HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, and doing so shows nothing within your budget at the 4* level

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Soooo.....with that being said....does anyone have any stories/reports as to whether or not they've received two beds when they were requested via the hotel after booking with PRICELINE?
Ok, let's say someone post that they have lucky at Planet Hollywood w/4 adults with a PRICELINE win. How are you going to target that hotel at PRICELINE?

I'm not beeing negative or saying that you can't get a room for four people. What I'm saying is, are you ready to get a "no, we don't allow four people in 1 room if you booked with PRICELINE" or "we don't have any rooms left for four peolple" when you arrive to the hotel?

YellowDog.

Ok, let's say someone post that they have lucky at Planet Hollywood w/4 adults with a PRICELINE win.

Or another point is, even if somebody else was successful getting a room with two beds, this doesn't really translate to what your experience will be. Another user could have went during a slower time than your stay and occupancy levels could be less making it easier to accomodate them, or they could have gotten a front desk clerk who was in a good mood and 'aimed to please' while you can get a clerk who just had an argument with their manager and doesn't feel like doing more than s/he has to. With Vegas generally slow at the moment and hotels having so many rooms, i think the 'risk' is not so much not having a availability, but instead being charged for an 'upgrade' for a room with two beds (which can be excessive at some Vegas properties)

As dahmmer points out, it's a risk, and you have to decide if you're willing to accept/take that risk or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]