Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Salt Lake City (South) Springhill Suites

reid77
By reid77,
in

Booked via this site's HOTWIRE link

Amenities listed: Non-smoking, Fitness, Pool, Business, Laundry, Tennis, Kitchenette

Result: Springhill Suites, Salt Lake City

Will report back after the trip -- coming up in April. Really only using the hotel for sleeping on a cheapie late-season ski trip, so I'm easy. ;-)

Congratulations on your success!

Sound like this will suit your needs well... and re-fuel from skiing with free breakfast in the morning :)

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the actual date of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable this win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for using helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay and have a fun time hitting the slopes!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

No problem. Date of stay was this past week, April 8-10, 2009.

All amenities checked out. My expectations are low when I see "kitchenette" but in this case it worked out great, with a full kitchen: refrigerator, electric oven/stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster and sink with disposal. The oven/stove and dishwasher were ancient Hotpoint models from the '80s but both functioned fine. So that enabled me to make a run to the Wal Mart Supercenter next door and do all my meals in, a definite plus for this cheapskate.

My unit consisted of a living area with pull-out couch, chair, TV (with DVD/VCR), then a kitchenette/eating area (open floor plan), then an enclosed bedroom/bathroom with a fairly fluffy bed. Quality of the furnishings was somewhere in the 2- to 3-star range: not luxurious but definitely functional.

I should mention, by the way, that this is a fairly sizable apartment complex that happens to rent out 16 of its roughly 96 units to hotel guests. So there's no housekeeping service for stays under seven days. Whether that works for you or not depends on your tolerance for living in an complex that serves a month-to-month clientele. No issues on my end.

Internet is both wireless and free (you won't get that at the Hilton!) but the signal doesn't reliably reach from the clubhouse to close-in block of hotel units -- at least it didn't for me. But you can pop into the clubhouse (at least during office hours: 8 am-11 pm most days) and plop down on a couch if you need to do some work on your laptop, and outlets aren't hard to find. The clubhouse also features a surprisingly well-equipped exercise room (Nautilus-style weight equipment with treadmill, bike and stair-climber) with attached racquetball court. The business center is one Windows PC with printer that seems to be constantly in use, along with a fax machine. (There was also a well-maintained pool, but it was closed to all but a family of ducks in mid-April. I didn't use the tennis court.)

Others have reported issues with noise and reliable hot water, but there were none of those issues for me. The only things I noticed were a low shower head (I'm 6' 0" and it was at shoulder level) and a closet door off the track and off to the side. Neither were huge problems.

Lastly, there was no free breakfast, though the units were equipped with hotel-style coffee/condiment packets. And for skiing, the location is superb for easy access to both Cottonwood canyons -- it's right off I-215 and a straight shot to Wasatch Blvd., which access all four close-in areas. Alta, the furthest area from the property, is just 24 miles away.

Bottom line, at $46 on Hotwire (which buys a Motel 6 at retail rack rates) this was a tremendous deal. Home away from home, basically. If you see this property, and like the description, grab it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]