Priceline Hotel: 3* Grand Rapids (Southeast-Airport GRR) Holiday Inn Select Airport

Shakerbird
By Shakerbird,
in

I am looking to book a 4 nt stay in Grand Rapids in June and find 3 properties on Hotwire for my limited budget. Properties are:

2 STAR Kent County Int. Airport GRR @ $39.00 nite Amenities: comp break, fitness, pool, bus. cent, laundry, internet, golf nearby.

3 STAR Grand Rapids @ $49.00 nite Amenites: comp break, fitness, pool, bus. cent, laundry, internet.

2 STAR Grand rapids @ 46.00 nite Amenities: Fitness, pool, restaurant.

The hotwire Pinned list doesnt identify any 2 stars for Grand rapids. What are your best guesses for these properties. I have used better bidding before (including booking through your homepage) and find this service invaluable. Much thanks for your time!!!!

The 3* is a match for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites (Walker, MI) while the 2* properties have not yet been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 2* has not yet been identified and i don't have an educated guess, but i would say that the majority if Clarion and Holiday Inn Express properties are rated higher than 2 stars by HOTWIRE (although there are a few which are still rated 2 stars)

If you don't mind changing hotels during your stay (although an inconvenience with a child in tow, but could do-able if you arrive late the first nite and/or depart early your last day) you could see if the 2* property appears for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance; if so purchase the solo nite in order to look behind the curtain, if you're happy with the results go ahead and purchase the balance of your stay... if not. pay up for the remaining nites with one of the other offerings. This does create a slightly increase booking fee, but if you end up being happy with the 2* is could save you money vs. the other offerings, although my personal opinion is that splitting this stay would be more of a complication than it's worth give the small price difference between the offerings above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I plan to book a room for 4 nights in Grand Rapids in June 09, but am now thinking that since this trip is still 90 days away, maybe it is too early to bid? I read elsewhere on this list that prices drop closer to your travel dates, which makes sense since hotels are trying to fill unused rooms? What is the optimum timeframe to bid - 30-60 days ahead or less than 30 days?? If I wait a few weeks to bid, will rates drop, or will my choices dry up? Advise please!

I tried yesterday to bid on Priceline for this trip and my bids of $35 & 40.00 for a 3 star were not accepted. I am now reconsidering the 2 star property on hotwire for GRR @$39 with the listed amenties of comp breakfast, pool, laundry, fitness, business center, internet. Based on the hotwire posted map, star category, amenities and several hours of research (yeah I have more time than money), it looks like the most likely choices are the Clarion, the Fairfield, the Quality Inn and the Sleep Inn, but there are other hotels that fit the profile including the Country Inn &Suites, and possibly the Best Western. My best guess is the Clarion, which has mixed reviews, but it could be any of the above properties. I am also trying to decide if its worth an exta $50 to just select the 3 star property which has been matched as the Holiday Inn Express North with no room refridgerator and exceeds my paltry budget of $200? I have no experience with any of the properties, so I can't gauge if the HIE is worth $50 more? If I try to open the "curtain" for a 1 night bid to see which 2 star it really is, then the next 3 nights jump up an extra $20 on the 3 star property, minimizing my savings. I will post again, once I figure out what to do.

If I purchase the 2* for last nite, the price increases on both the 2 star and 3 star properties, by about $25 making it more attractive to keep all nights at just one property. I also upped my bid last on PRICELINE to $43, but again was declined. In a perfect world I would be able to book a 3star with microwve and fridgerator, pool and breakfast for no more than $45 a night either near the airport or GR north. I see that others have won the Holiday Inn Select Airport for around $45 - but no luck for me on my dates . Do you see a match for this property on HOTWIRE for my dates? This hotel would be great for us! THANKS!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you gave PRICELINE a try and it worked out PERFECT for you... just the hotel you were hoping for! :)

No problem posting the win in this thread (it's what we ask you to do) as we'll now just move the entire thread to the PRICELINE section of the board.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... very happy for you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]