Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atanta (Downtown) Renaissance Downtown

mtsublueraider
By mtsublueraider,
in

Easter weekend... $50 a night and got Renaissance Downtown Atlanta. I'm kind of concerened about the $25+ a night for parking listed on the website. Anyone have any suggestions on where else to park? Other ways to go about it? Self parking?

I tried to bid for the Stone Mountain Marriott Resort at $45 and it was rejected. Then I added 4 star Atlanta and got this. And yes, I used the PRICELINE links.

April 10-12, two nights.

Congratulations on your win!

While this wasn't the property you originally hoped to receive, hopefully you're happy with the results one you decided to add the Downtown zone.

I dont' know the area well enough to discuss alternate parking options, but given that part of your stay is on a Sunday you may at least be able to put the car on the street sometime on Saturday nite near the end of the meters being enforced, which would take you thru check-out and at least save you one day of parking. Also, you would think that the hotel would try to encourage their own parking, but i've had very good success calling the hotel and asking the hotel what my parking options are outside of the hotel... be sure to let them know you're coming on a weekend as your option may be more open then if you were there during the week (also, parking nearby garages may be less crowded and offer weekend specials which may be cheaper than the hotel)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the advise about parking. We are thinking about using the self park which is $15 a day and just using cabs to get where we need to go (Atlanta Braves Game). Downtown Atlanta is hit or miss with priceline. You can usually get a heck of a deal but the gamble is which 3.5 star you'll get. We chose downtown to avoid staying far from Turner Field in Mid-town or Buckhead. Your trip is only what you make of it and I'm sure we'll have a great one!

Unfortunately the Renaissance is not really in downtown. It is located in a sort of no man's land between downtown and midtown. As it is near the main interstate on ramp there is no on street parking close by. There are a couple of pay lots a block north of the hotel that are much cheaper than the hotel parking. Just be sure to not have any valuables visible through the window. Even empty bags might tempt a vagrant to break in because they don't know it is empty and doesn't contain some goodies. Even though parking lots usually do have on site security, they can't see everything and thieves are pretty quick. If there doesn't appear to be anything of value that can quickly be stolen, there is very little chance of a break in since these aren't car thieves, they're street people looking to sell your stuff on the street or to a pawn shop to get money for booze.

If you are going to Turner Field, you can save money and traffic hassle by taking MARTA. The North Avenue train station is half a block from the hotel. Take the southbound train (Airport train) to Five Points Station. At Five Points they have buses that are direct shuttles to Turner Field. After the game, shuttles will pick you up in front of the stadium and take you directly back to Five Points station where you can take any northbound train back to the North Avenue station. The cost each way is $1.75 plus a one time $.50 fee for what is called a Breeze Ticket. If you are in a big group (say two parents and two kids), you might save money by paying for parking at the stadium instead. Just be sure to park in one of the official lots and not in someone's front yard. While parking at someone's house may save a few dollars, there is a much much higher risk of a break in. Using MARTA, despite what some of the locals scared of people with darker skin tones might tell you, is very safe. Large numbers of people take the train and shuttle to the game and it is pretty easy to do. The path from the train to the shuttle is clearly marked at the train station.

I've lived in the area for nine years and for the most part it is safe. Car break ins by vagrants looking for a quick score however is a very big and real problem. If you have any other questions about getting around and what to see, feel free to ask here and I'll try to help out.

Humm.... i remember valet parking at the Hyatt in Atlanta and it was about $15... $22+ seems a little excessive. Ever heard of getting a deal? I know at the Sheraton in Chattanooga you can get the valet comped if you eat at the resturant. Any idea about that? I would self park but i am afraid of getting broken into. Yikes... i think i'll stick with buckhead or the airport in the future. :)

• 1 month later...

To be exact, it is a ridiculous $28 per night to valet park. I paid $52 to stay here...wonderful deal for the hotel. I parked in the Crawford Long Hospital garage down 1 block from the hotel. Yes, you take the risk of someone breaking into your car but I had no problems and experienced no wanderers in the garage. It was $6 per 24 hours.

Edit: You can even have your car valet parked for $7 per night in the Crawford Long Garage!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]