Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Swissotel

Gdraft
By Gdraft,
in

Hello,

Need help IDing this hotel, I think it is the palmer house or the Burnham, but......

CheckInDate:Fri, May 15, 2009 CheckOutnDate:Sun, May 17, 2009

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

109.00 per night

this same thing happened to me a few months ago and like you, I called HOTWIRE. The agent explained that the hotel I selected had sold out the rooms that were allocated to HOTWIRE and that it was up to the hotel to remove the listing. Sounded like B.S., but I took the path of least resistance and bid on PRICELINE and saved about $40 from the next cheapest listing.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked the Swiss Hotel for the weekend of April 15, $ 77.00 per night.

Originally tried hot(Bait Switch)Wire, but even though it showed what I wanted it would not give me the room. Kept saying not available, but kept listing it.

Someone on the HOTWIRE forum said they had the same problem and to try PRICELINE..... I had used Priceline in the past and was not impressed... But I read up on here first... and decided To Give Captain Kirk another Shot.

What a difference, Thanks guys. It took a few tries, but followed your guidelines and got the Swiss for $40.00 cheaper than what Hotwire was trying to bait and switch me on the "W".

Thanks

Hail to the Victors! Go Blue!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're ultimately happpy with the results and the deal you received. We're happy the information on the board was helpful with your purchase and successful bid.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]