Hotwire Hotel: 4* in MTE - customer favorite

vinois
By vinois,
in

looking to get stay in nyc from sept 3-5

wanted to know if anyone knew which hotel this was:

4* in midtown East - listed as customer favorite "best value"

amenities are restaurant, fitness center, buisiness center

also - how can i check if i need 2 beds in the room.

is this a good place or does anyone have any suggestions

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Take another look at your hotwire search, are you sure that the amenities are only the three mentioned? Doing a search for your dates i also get a 4* Customer Favorite in midtown east, but it also includes a SPA icon.

If your search also includes the above mentioned SPA icon, this is most likely the The Drake Swissotel. There could always be other hotels in the area that we don't yet know about, but with all four amenities this hotel has been reported in our NY HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST as a 4* Customer Favorite and in the MTE zone.

Here is one users REVIEW and some other OPINIONS. All seem quite favorable.

You may <likely> be able to get a hotel a little cheaper on Priceline, but you'll have less control over the hotel you receive... it all depends how particular you are with your hotels and/or comfortable you are buying an 'opaque' property. Expedia shows an average rate for your dates at the Drake Swissotel of $234/nite and the hotel's website shows a rate of $249; so this rate (i'm assuming ~$165) seems pretty good relative to non-opaque options.

Regarding two beds: you can call the hotel after you book and request two beds in the room, but it is just a request and actual room assignment will be done at check-in. Both Priceline and Hotwire gurantee double occupancy, but bed assignment is up to the hotel.

Here are some other threads on the bed type discussion:

AFTER BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS

BED TYPE AND NUMBER

Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding the above or if we coudl be of further help.

Please let us know what you ultimately choose to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]