Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport-Huntington Beach) Hyatt Newport Beach

kirikara
By kirikara,
in

HI,

I am trying to figure out how to get the best deal and not end up with a bad hotel that I did not want.

I am looking at orange county and the following areas:

laguna beach

dana point-san clemente

Newport beach-huntington beach

might be willing to go for seal beach as well (although dont know much about it)

Going 04/10-04/14 2 adults.

Looking for a nice hotel, better than what we could usually afford, but not so pricey/fancy that I need to tip every time I breathe.

So far I liked, would be happy with:

Orange County (Dana Point - San Clemente)

4* Marriott Laguna Cliffs

Orange County (Newport - Huntington Beach)

4* Hilton Waterfront

4* Hyatt Newport Beach (previously Hyatt Newporter) (previously 3*)

4* Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach

4* Marriott Newport Beach Hotel and Spa (900 Newport Center Drive)

3.5* Marriott Newport Beach Bayview

There might be others, I would like to be on the ocean front if possible.I dont want the Fairmon which just got bumped to 4 stars in the newport zone and that worries me since it is so much cheaper...

I am hoping to get something cheaper than $100 a night especially if parking is paying. Internet access needed too.

Any advice?

Kirikara, I can't address the other parts of your question, but I can tell you about Seal Beach. :) Seal Beach is a charming, mostly undiscovered beach town with a Main Street, pier, great restaurants and tons of things to do nearby. You would need a car.

There are three hotels in Seal Beach; only one is in Old Town and walking distance to the beach (the Pacific Inn). The Hampton Inn is new and up the road a bit from the town proper, convenient to freeways but not a scenic area. The Ayres Hotel is lovely, but is even further from the ocean in a nice residential area (mine).

Now, on PRICELINE, the Seal Beach area is combined with North Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley -- not necessarily close to the beach, so I personally wouldn't risk a bid if I wanted beachside. Chances are too high you would get something in a more commercial or residential area.

Hope this helps narrow it down for you. Seal Beach is great, but I wouldn't use PRICELINE to get a beach-close hotel. You might want to visit for lunch or a walk on the pier and a milkshake at Ruby's.

Hi thanks for the advice,

I ended up going for it after reviewing all 4* stars hotels in both dana point and newport beach area.

I started over with a bid of $60 for dana point, then added Newport BEach and got the Hyat regency newport beach for $60 a night! (you always wonder if you should have bid lower, probably would have but I doubt i would have gotten if for less than $50 anight anyway) I was hoping for this one since someone mentionned on another board that usually when bidding for $60 this hotels is the one you get.

I am very excited , even though I could have gotten a more luxurious place I am happy since it more than 50% off the website rate ($600 was the total for best online rate) and it was on hotwire for $109 a night. we will have more money to spend while travelling and it is right on the water.

I used the betterbidding PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got a great deal and are happy with the results. For the price sounds like you can make this work well for your needs, and as you point out, lots of savings left over to do some things which can make your vacation extra special.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]