Priceline Hotel: NEWBIE QUESTION - *4 SEATTLE

Supermint
By Supermint,
in

I am new and though I have read through a lot of posts in this forum I am still slightly confused. I want to stay 4* Seattle. All the hotels they list such as Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt would be acceptable. To try it out I ticked off 4* stars in Seattle Downtown and Seattle Centre and bid $79 for each night, March 20 & 21. It was accepted and I then panicked and clicked back -- I wasn't sure if that was a great deal or not! Any advice confirming that I am bidding correctly or what I can do to improve my chances would be appreciate. Oh, one more question. When you look at their list of 4* hotels it doesn't tell you what area they are in -- if it's Seattle Centre or Seattle Downtown. I notice some people have successfully bid on the hotel at the Pike Place Market...which I am not keen on and it sounds like it is 4* so it might be the one I end up with. Thanks for all your help!

Are you sure your credit card hasn't been charged? They charge it once you win a bid...

You should make sure you didn't win a hotel bid by going to your account area on priceline by clicking "My Trips" and entering your security code. If your trip has a check by it, it means your transaction is complete. $79 for a 4 star hotel is very good... I'm going to guess you probably won or are going to win the edgewater if you chose downtown... just a personal hunch. I think the lowest the accept is between $70-$75.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Thanks, Inspiration. I understand better now. I never even actually got to the credit card page -- I thought when the second page came up with the price including taxes and everything that I had won at that price! Now that I have went back and continued through the process to the credit card page I understand that that will just be entering my bid. I just have one question though. When I ticked Seattle Centre there were no 4* hotels but when I added Seattle Downtown there were. Does that mean my bid will definitely be on a Seattle Downtown hotel? Sorry for the annoying newbie questions!

As far as downtown four star hotels --

Yes indeed, Seattle Center - Space Needle location does not show any four star hotels. Thus, if you need a four star hotel, will be in the downtown location if you select 4 stars (which I prefer the downtown myself anyways). Currently you can use the space needle area for a rebid since you know you won't get a 4* even if you select it... What are your dates? It seems lately the odds run that you probably will win the Edgewater (right on the water but a little walk from downtown) or the Hotel Monaco which is more centrally located if your bidding for the month of March. Another possibility is the Westin Seattle, but they usually don't accept your bid till you get into the 100+ range. My guess would be if your bidding that high, you may very well be bidding on the Westin Seattle, but I can't guarantee it.

Downtown 3 star hotels--

Another nice downtown Seattle hotel that I like is the 3* Crowne Plaza (although I know you said you want only 4*). I really think it's closer to a four star myself when I stayed there... I don't study the 3* hotels as closely so I don't know what you might win if you go 3*. I know you run a risk of getting the Seattle Hotel Max and I personally can't stand modern artistic hotel style trash :) . I think your smarter sticking with the 4*.

Anyhoo, don't back-click once you bid!! Also, always start lower and build your way up. My guess would be you might get a bite around $70-$75 for a 4* depending on your dates.

Any other questions? I like to help.

P.S... Seattle parking is really expensive. Make sure you set aside $20-30 a night for it!

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]