Priceline Hotel: 5* Phuket (Thalang) JW Marriott

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Posting this though it's already in the past but maybe this bidding strategy (by LHFlyer) might still be working... (haven't seen this been published here on this board yet). Was a bidding for 4-star Phuket (Thalang)... ended in an upgrade to 5-star (up to now there's apparently no 4star in Thalang).

------------------------------

Congratulations, you got your price of $41 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 5-star hotel!

Jw Marriott Phuket

Check-In Date: Friday, June 11, 2004

Check-Out Date: Saturday, June 12, 2004

Thalang

M003 Tambon Mai Khao Amphlbr T

Phuket, Thailand

66-76-348300

Your Offer Price: $41.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $41.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.55

Total Charges: $54.55

-------------

....and finally two other nights, same price, same total... (June 9-11) :)

During my last stay in June, the receptionist in JW told me the hotel would be even more booked during Phuket's low-season because they would be hosting quite a lot of meetings/congresses there in the JW Marriott.

I was at the JW in June as well ($41 rate), and they were very quiet - 40% occupancy they said. The Italian restaurant for example was closed for anything but dinner.

Is it just me or do the Thailand Marriotts seem to jack up their Priceline rates after they get a higher number of bookings? The good old BKK JW $55 rate, this $41 rate and BKK Riverside $40 rate seem to be $75/$65+/$45 nowadays. Perhaps Marriott realized they don't want to be the only choice for lowball bids in Sukhumvit for example - lost revenue as it was more or less certain to get the JW a few months ago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]