Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington) Holiday Inn Forum

bridge2000
By bridge2000,
in

Started off bidding for 5* in Mayfair. The first was at $120. Priceline countered with $193, which I found rather high, since they countered just last week at $163. After a half-dozen bids (using zones that don't have a 5*), I stopped at $170 and switched to a 4*, starting at $140. Priceline countered at $162. I threw in another bid for $145 and was promptly rejected.

Although my heart was set on Mayfair, I decided it wasn't worth the price. I've lived in Kensington as a student and don't mind walking or Tubing it. Having seen the 4* posts for this area, I knew that I could get something for over half the price of Mayfair (especially when taxes are thrown into the mix). With the Holiday Inn being the most likely hotel, based upon other posts, I did some research and found fairly positive reviews. I bid a paltry $75 and was accepted for, unsurprisingly, the Holiday Inn. Cheers!

Your Offer Price: $75.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $150.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$34.20

Total Charges: $184.20

Thanks for the detailed biddding history.

I think you did good by not paying double for the slightly higher star rating.... sometimes it's just not worth the additional added expense.

I commend the research you did before bidding and weighing your options every step along the way.

Thank you for sharing and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]