Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton

rstonk
By rstonk,
in

I'm new here, so I apologize in advance for not knowing the board "vernacular" :)

I'm looking for any hotel above 4 stars in the Union Square area for up to $120/night. I'm not familiar with SF, but I hear Union Square is pretty central (be it touristy). I don't really know the difference between USE and USW.

2 Adults

2 Nights

3/22 - 3/24

How should I go about bidding and finding the best hotel for the money? Your help is much appreciated!

I just came upon the following description of a hotel through Hotwire:

$98 per room, per night

Star rating: 4

Check-in:Sun, Mar 22, 2009

Check-out:Tue, Mar 24, 2009

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

What do you guys think this is, and is this a good deal? Also, if I don't bid on this immediately, does the deal expire? I have no idea how quickly these deals come and go -- is this like an airplane standby situation, or will this price be here for a while?

Then there's this listing in Nob Hill that also looks pretty good:

$109 per room, per night

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

What do you guys think of this one? Do you have any other suggestions?

Just so you get an idea of my goals for the trip, it's just a short getaway for my girlfriend and I. Both of us are mid-20s, and we're up for a mix of culture, good food, nightlife and tasteful (not touristy) sight-seeing. Your recommendations for hotels, price-ranges to look to spend, neighborhoods to stay in, etc., are all very much appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before looking at the hotels above, let's do a quick overview...

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to know what amenities are offered beforehand as well as take an educated guess as to the property you may received (based upon the amenities shown before your purchase) So you need to decide if lowest price is your main objective OR if having a guess as to the property you may receive is more important.

if I don't bid on this immediately, does the deal expire?
HOTWIRE shows the least expensive hotel at each star level available in each zone... and while the price may change slightly from search to search, this property will show until:

-they sell out of rooms at this rate

-the hotel takes down the inventory offered

-another hotel in this zone at the same star levels offers a hotel for a lower price than the above

Are you willing to commit to a non-refundable purchase at this time?

Le tus know your thougths regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Since this is my first time using these bidding sites, I would be more comfortable buying through Hotwire and having some idea of what property I might get. I'm willing to pay maybe a 15% (~$15) premium for that privilege. If Priceline could save me more than 20%, I may have to reconsider!

I am ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase.

rstonk

$98 per room, per night

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

These amenities have been reported for both the CLIFT and the Parc 55 so either of these wouuld be our best guess.

$109 per room, per night

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

This one is a match for the Inter-Continental Mark Hopkins so that would be our best guess for this one... reviews are very good.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hilton San Francisco Union Square

333 O'Farrell Street,

San Francisco,CA,94102

(415) 771-1400

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Total $104.22 after tax.

I was expecting CLIFT or Parc 55 with the above description, but was pleasantly surprised to learn I got the Hilton. The Hotwire Hotel List currently has the Hilton listed with the above amenities plus a "pool", but my booking would suggest removing that from the amenities list.

Thanks for all your help, and make sure to use the site's HOTWIRE link for your next booking.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're happy with the results and that this will work well for your plans.

We've updated the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]