Priceline Hotel: Child with 2 adults-Priceline or Hotwire

srao
By srao,
in

I am using priceline/hotwire for the first time for a room in Washington dc for 13th May to 16th May.

We are 2 adults and a 10 year old child. If I bid through priceline I will be guranteed a double occupancy. Will 3 of us be allowed to use the room? Or is there a chance that we can be turned away?

Or is it better for me to book through Hotwire where i can specify the number of people per room?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The answer depends upon your comfort level...

Obviously it's "better" to use HOTWIRE since you're guaranteed sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in your search, but HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so some prefer to take the risk. (and be smart about it at check-in... not having everyone go up to the desk at check-in... have on adult check-in and the other wonder the lobby, have a drink at a nearby coffee shop, etc)

It's possible you can be turned away, but if you do have an issue a more likely scenario (especially if you check-in 'smartly') is that you receive a room with only one bed and your 10 year old needs to sleep on the floor on a 'makeshift' bed with extra sheets and a blanket (how you feel about this 'back-up' scenario is also a factor in determining which approach to take)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much.

We have no problem with a makeshift bed, on the floor etc. Nor do i have a problem paying a small additional fee.

My worry is, if at check in we are told to take a second room or another hotel ( certain European hotels do not allow a 3rd person even if it is a child)

Then we end up spending much more than planned

Thanks

It is a risk, likely a small one, but one which only you can decide if you're willing to take. Also as outlined above, you can just have one spouse check-in with your child (so they see two people at least not trying to give you the smallest room in the house) and then have the other spouse meet you up in the room 5 minutes after check-in (call on cell phone w/ room number)

Are you ready to bid/purchase now? If so, which zone(s) are you willing to accept? What is your maximum bid? Minimum star rating? Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]