UT Park City Marriott

lowballer
By lowballer,
in

Thought I'd be the first to submit a Utah hotel report. :)

I really liked this place. Nicest Marriott I've gotten on PL and better than many putative 4*s.

It is not the easiest place to find, and the directions you may get online aren't necessarily the fastest way there. From Salt Lake City, instead of exiting I-80 at U-224, it's faster to continue on to U.S. 40. Go south ("east") on 40 and exit at U-248, then go right (west) off 40 and look for Sidewinder Drive after a couple of miles on the right.

Anyway, at checkin I had my choice of a king bed or two doubles. I took the king. No mention of booking method. I received a coupon for 50% off at the restaurant my first night there, but I never ate there. (It might not have been for 50% off the entire meal; I didn't really check.)

The lobby has that "ski lodge" look: lots of wood furnishings and green/brown earthtone color scheme.

Upon entering my room (around 9pm) the bed had been turned down and two mints left. The room had a micro-fridge -- an empty fridge, not a minibar -- and a very comfortable bed, similar to Westin's Heavenly Beds, with plenty of pillows. After a long day of hiking Saturday I got 8+ hours of very restful sleep.

My room looked into the atrium, in which the pool and hot tub are located. The inner first floor rooms open right out into the atrium. Some of the upper floors have small balconies, but my third-floor room did not. A copy of the Salt Lake Tribune was outside my door by 7am each morning. I believe on weekdays they give out the USA Today. The room was quiet and the TV seemed to have a few more channels than typical for a Marriott.

The pool was quite warm, almost as warm as the hot tub. There were lots of families with kids in the pool area, and some kids were playing on the exercise machines, but they didn't bother me. Also, the steam room seemed not to be working, but this wasn't a big deal to me either.

Parking can be a little tricky, because the lot in front isn't too big. I was given a pass to use the garage around to the side, and I ended up parking there. You can also park on street; otherwise they'd have to call it "No Park City".

Nearest grocery store is the Albertson's at the corner of 248 and 224. Second nicest Albertson's I've ever been in. In contrast, the Wal-Mart off I-80 is hard to get into and out of and doesn't have groceries.

No problems upon checkout.

The published rate for this property was $79, which seems to be a good deal as it is. Clearly this hotel makes its money in the winter. At the $37 I got it for it was a steal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]