Hotwire Hotel: MTS 3.5 $115 Should I get it now?

buster
By buster,
in

Looking for a hotel for 3/26/05 for 7 nites. Hotwire comes up with MTS, 3.5* for $115 with fitness and business icons and my educated guess is that it is the Sheraton Russell (per your hotel list). My question is should I book it now as it seems like a great rate, or since i have time, just wait. Any thoughts?

thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If your plans are firm and you're happy with that deal than by all means book it now... it may not still be there in days/weeks/months.

March is not typically a very busy time in NYC, but this property could always be replaced by a different 3.5* hotel in Hotwire's offerings. If you're indeed correct that this is the Sheraton Russell it may be worthwhile to lock-in now as the REVIEWS are quite favorable.

The one caveat is that although the Sheraton Russell has been reported in the past to only have the Fitness and Business icons, the last report also had a Restaurant icon included. So if you are really trying to target this specific property, you may want to book the first (or last) nite to 'reveal' the hotel and then book the remainder of your stay once you are confident in knowing the property. This is also coming up as a Customer Favorite (not sure if it was when i first searched this morning, was it when you first searched earlier?) and you can therefore be sure you'll get the same hotel if you split the bid like this as you can make sure the customer comments match.

Keep us updated as to what you decide to do and how it works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the good advice. Whenever I have checked it, it has always been a customer favorite with fitness and business icons but no restaurant. This morning the rate was $122 for my dates. Although March may not be a busy time typically, this happens to be Easter week. I'll keep you posted if I decide to move on this. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. Tanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]