Priceline Insurance - Any tips, reviews?

wishful
By wishful,
in

Hello,

I love this forum - I don't have a lot of money but it gives me hope I'll be able to stay somewhere decent when I do travel to London in October :)

Has anyone used (purchased and had to make a claim) the Priceline optional insurance? From what I've read there's a trip insurance plan and a $5 reservation protection plan? I read about the trip insurance plan directly on Priceline, but heard about the $5 plan on another forum and didn't see it on the Priceline site.

Just wondering if it's worth it - looks like the only things I'd ever need (knock on wood) are emergency evac or transport service, and lost luggage (above and beyond what the airlines provide?). I figure if anything comes up to make me cancel a trip, the few hundred dollars I lose won't be the worst of my problems.

Off Topic (feel free to PM me) - Also considering short term health insurance plan for accompanying 65-year old mom, she has basic state medical coverage, but nothing else.

Thanks and good luck bidding to everyone!

W

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

You may be interested in this thread: Insurance ... medical and emergency for travel

From another thread here are my thoughts on travel insurance (from a cancelling reservation ponit of view):

I look at insurance in percentage terms.

If i'm paying 10% for insurance and figure i'll cancel less than 10% of my trips, i'll 'self-insure' and eat the loss since i'll come out ahead in the long run.

Remember that insurance only covers you under certain conditions and not because you changed your mind... be sure to read coverage documents carefully to know what is covered and what is not.

The insurance that Priceline offers thru their hotel product is an additional $5/day, so are you sure you're not confusing the 'insurance' and the 'reservation protection' as being two different things while they are really one in the same?

Are you a US or Canadian (or other?) citizen? Where would you be traveling that you feel you wouldn't be able to get coverage in a local hospital?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. Sent you a PM.

W

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]