Hotwire Hotel: 5* Brussels Royal Windsor

misterpei
By misterpei,
in

Hi, I am looking for help for Brussels for April 27th - MAY 1st..........2 rooms...

I know they jack up the room prices as there as a huge international seafood show...

I am looking at a 4* Lake Louise area..Restaurant, business centre, laundry,high-speed

golf and tennis....$326/nite.....some of these are similiar to Sheraton towers..

it also shows a 5* for $369...there are no matches, I guess not to many have used Brussels here.....

.or would I be better off trying Priceline?...any help wuld be appreciated......the show is located at Parc Des Expositions....

I wouls like to be close to ot if possible...thanx

Since rates seem so high i would first find the address of the conference (i think i found it via a Google search but you should confirm yourself) and enter the address at BackUpBooking.com... this will show you the hotels closest to your location and you may abe able to find something for a similar price which is close to the venue. As well, this will at least give you the "price to beat".

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well thanx for the reply, u do a fantastic job with this site,,,,from what I can see by searching the internet ( my first time in Brussels as well) the address for the show is at the parc des expositions which is B-1020 Belgium..... there does not appear to be hotels in the immediate vicinity,,,HUSA Presidents pask is very close and on their website their room rate lloks like 285 Euros per nite (ouch!) ,,,,but some arent that far away including the

Hilton Brussels City and Sheraton Brussels Hotel...the rack rate for the Sheraton is 391 Euros per night US .........Hilton Brussels City is even worse 499 Euros/ nite.......soooo, this is very painful........not sure if u can help me, but this is what I found...thanx

I've also been looking for a place in Brussels around those dates (though I'm not going for the seafood show). Most hotels seem to be almost booked solid on April 29&30, with prices that are stratospheric in US (or Canadian, in my case) dollars.

You may want to check B&Bs at www.bnb-brussels.be and other Web sites. There might still be availability at lower rates.

The Parc des expositions is north and far from the centre, but close to a subway station (Heysel) and tram stops.

So based upon the above rates/options are you willing to spend $300+ on a HOTWIRE hotel... or do you want to try bidding via PRICELINE?

I am not sure lol...has anyone used the guide enough to know what would get one of this hotels

if I did for example bid on one of the 4 stars??........wow, tough choices and expensive!!....

tried a 4 * bid on priceline at $200 for fun, was rejected with no counteroffer,,,,,

You can look at the list of winning Priceline hotels in Brussels to see what people have reported so far. The important thing is to look at the zone map for Brussels and decide if you would be happy with any 4* hotel that is in that zone. It's also possible you could get a hotel that has not been reported yet.

What I would definitely do is book a cancellable backup hotel, if you aren't sure what you want to do, because any availability is quickly disappearing. If you are concerned about price, you probably can't be too picky about location, given the circumstances.

well, I dont see many PRICELINE winners for Brussels....no free rebidding there, so maybe i could rebid

at about $260 for the 4* tomorrow night......maybe the Lake Louise one at $322 on HOTWIRE now isnt a bad deal under the circumstances....

it has restaurant , business , laundry , high-speed, golf and tennis and is a 4* ..........if it is the Sheraton Towers probably is a good deal

for this particular time...on venere.com I can get Hotel Bristol Stephanie for 243 Euros, which is similiar to the 322 US I guess and is supposed to be a 5*,

but I would say more like a 4*

Are you able to find anything acceptable that you could book which is fully refundable which you coud hang on ot while you continue to try PRICELINE and HOTWIRE? (you can try BackUpBooking but make sure to read the cancellation terms as some rates my not be cancellable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just checked Hotwire again.......any idea what these might be?,,,,prices have dropped....

2 rooms......April 27 - May 1st..

5*...... $274......showing the following amenities....

Airport shuttle, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, Business Centre, Laundry and High speed

T/A Rating 4/5 , 240 + ratings (last reviewed Feb 2009)

I guess possible matches could be Royal Windsor ( T/A, 4/5 rating, 255 Reviews)....although T/A calls it a 4*

Renaissance Brussels Hotel (T/A 4/5 rating, 345 Reviews) ...again T/A calls it A 4*

4* .....$264................Lake Louise Area ....

Restaurant, Business centre, Laundry,High-speed, Golf and Tennis

T/A Ratings....3.5/5, 40+ ratings (last reviewd Feb 2009)

Possible matches....Novotel Brussels (T/A rating 3.5/5 rating, 60 reviews)...not much else I see fits the bill...

I did it lol.....finally ended this crazyness.....used the link here and booked via HOTWIRE....

5*...... $274......showing the following amenities....

Airport shuttle, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, Business Centre, Laundry and High speed

T/A Rating 4/5 , 240 + ratings (last reviewed Feb 2009)

and it was the Royal Windsor...thanx for the help...this one works great and with all the crazy prices, it is a good deal....

prices for same room on other sites were much , much higher......

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you gave it a shot and it worked out well for your plans/needs.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't ask for a better area. It is a 2 minute walk to the Grand Place - make sure you go in the evening to catch the light show. Ask the front desk for details. You are also a 4-5 minute walk to the central station metro. From there it is a direct metro to Heysel (expo center). The hotel has a very good reputation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]