Hotwire Hotel: group reservation in NYC in May

RobinPA
By RobinPA,
in

Hi,

Looking for advice on booking for a group.

We will need about 5 or 6 rooms in NYC the weekend of May 29 and 31st. We would be open to anywhere in Manhattan (MSQ or ESB areas would be nice, but again, anywhere in the city would be fine). 3.5 +. I'm finding good (and decipherable thanks to you guys) deals on hotwire for 1 or 2 rooms, but not for the group. Any suggestions? would priceline or hotwire be better? Are there strategies I should pursue or better times to start looking?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Robin

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How many guests and rooms are you currently searching for when you say you're not able to find anything for the group.. only for one or two rooms. What price point are you considering to be "a deal"? When will your plans (regarding number of rooms and total number of guests) be firm?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are looking for 6 rooms for 12 people. And we were hoping to spend $120 or less a night, which I see other folks have been successful with on those nights. But anything under 150 seems like a good deal right now. Is that unrealistic? thanks for your help!

Robin

If you're plans are firm i would start bidding now and give it a try... if you're not successful, would it be possible for the group to split up... say 3 rooms at one hotel and 3 at another (or depending upon the make-up of the group, 4 rooms at one property and 2 rooms at another, if that happens to work better)

No telling it PRICELINE or HOTWIRE will ultimately prove to be better, but given that HOTWIRE at the moment is over your current budget, why not try bidding on PRICELINE to see if you get an acceptance or not.

Let us know if you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase at the moment and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
We are looking for 6 rooms for 12 people. And we were hoping to spend $120 or less a night, which I see other folks have been successful with on those nights. But anything under 150 seems like a good deal right now. Is that unrealistic? thanks for your help!

Robin

Can you let us know what you were successful on getting. I'm takign a group and need 8 rooms so any advice would be appreciated.

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]