Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York

toothmom
By toothmom,
in

please post a conclusion to your Hotwire Snomass topic and then bump this thread.

I believe I posted that trip outcome on that thread-which was that we booked the Top of the Village thru their website, as we were worried about the bed configuration and weren't certain we could be assured of it through your links. Sorry I didn't complete it there before now.

The 4* is a match for the Westin Times Square but i'm not currently seeing this property offered for your dates at the moment.

The 3.5* in the Central Park zone is a match for On the Ave so that would be our best guess for that one.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

found these a few days ago and can't figure out what they are:

2*CP area: Fitness,Restaurant and Business Center $115/night

3*CP area: Fitness and HS internet was $149 and then I saw it for $139

3* MTC area HS internet is the only amenity listed $162

also I saw 3* MTC with HS internet, Fitness, Pool and Restaurant-am I correct that this is probably the Holiday Inn Midtown?

Thanks as always for your help.

Am still looking for this trip and haven't decided to go with Priceline vs Hotwire yet.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This thread started as a 4* hotel in a very central location... are you really now considering a 2* hotel in the Central Park area (which is not a centrally located zone for the average visitor and not really a zone i would recommend... especially not at the 2* level)

...haven't decided to go with Priceline vs Hotwire yet.
What exactly are you looking for from this stay? In the past you've always ultimately gone with PRICELINE, is there soemthing that would make you use HOTWIRE this time? Will you ultimately try to beat the HOTWIRE rate with a PRICELINE bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My "issues" are the following: our daughter lives on UWS and we (another daughter and I) were trying to stay more on the WS and W/PL, I pretty much figure at the 4* level I will end up w/ the Sheraton NY and Towers for btwn $118-$125, which has such mixed reviews. I thought Hotwire had some interesting alternatives around that same price point but am unsure of a few of the alternatives (4* MTC @$136-Fitness, Restaurant,Bus Center,HSPeed Internet, and 3.5*MTC @$119-Smoke free, Fitness, Rest, Bus. Center and HISPeed Internet) The CPS questions were intriguing as well since they would be closer to our daughter but seemingly centrally located as well. I've been told the Empire isn't "good" and at $159 on Hotwire (4*CP area Boutique, Fitness,Rest, and HISPeed Internet) so I was interested in the other offerings that I am having trouble identifying.

I know the type of hotels in the Central Park area and if you don't think you'll be happy with the Sheraton New York then i really don't think you'll be happy with a 2.5* in that area.

The 4* MTC property matches multiple properties... Sofitel, Helmsley Park Lane, Royalton, and wouldn't rule out an alternate amenity combination for the Sheraton New York either.

The 3.5* MTC property is a match for the Sheraton Manhattan (different property than the Sheraton New York) and that would be our best guess for that one.

While a little more South than you're currently looking, you may be able to get the Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West for ~$150/nite, which is 2 blocks from the B train which can take you to the Upper West Side without requiring a transfer.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

THANKS! great info to ponder! No, I really don't want to move (and therefore split my bid)....tho I may shorten the trip to 5 nights rather than 6. Doesn't look like any of the 4* MTC properties you mentioned have shown up as wins around my times (4/9-4/15/09) and this just showed up....looks like a real possibility. Will chk the reviews and let you know what I decide, as soon as I decide. MANY thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took the "plunge" and got the Sheraton NY and Towers, (as predicted) for $118. For anyone interested here's how: ALWAYS using your betterbidding.com site to go in to PRICELINE to bid...........

Several days ago I bid for my 1st choice $4* CPS adding all 5 re-bid zones up to $135 ALL rejected.

Tried again, determined, today, knowing I wouldn't go over $135 for anything.....

bid $90 CPS 4*-rejected

" $92 added MSG zone-rejected

" $95 " Chelsea zone-rejected

" $96 " LIC -rejected

" $97 " Brooklyn -rejected

" $100 UES -rejected

closed browser

$115 CPS 4* -rejected

$116 added chelsea-rejected

$118 added MTW accepted!!!

Wasn't sure how to post this on your "calendar of wins" though.

Thanks as always for your help

Congratulations on your success!

While not your first choice of hotel, i think this be quite convenient and will work well for you needs... and for $118/nite represents a decent value. We've edited your topic title and this property will now appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and the time with your daughters.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]