Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

hoteldog
By hoteldog,
in

Thanks to all for their feedback. Started at $50, then $55, $60, $62, $63, through a combination of adding NMA-North River, closing browser, and adding free rebid areas in between.

Side note: Does anybody know if this Hyatt Regency has an execute/club level floor and how much they usually charge for the upgrade? I sometimes spring for the extras at check-in if its available. This is going to be a long relaxation weekend following some business meetings in the Windy City. Thanks again.

I used your link to access PRICELINE.

Thank you for posting your win! Excellent deal for this hotel (which is quite centrally located.)

This Hyatt does have a Club Floor. Based upon today's prices, the difference is about $50. If that's what it turns out to be, I'd rather take that money and have a really nice dinner (Aria, which is in the Fairmont hotel around the corner, is supposed to be very good.) somewhere. You could call the hotel and see if they're willing to work with you on an upgrade and, if so, how much. If they're willing to work with you, maybe they could charge you over the phone and block a room for you.

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Chicago Loop for two nights in Feb. (2/11-2/12). I didn't know about this site at that time so I didn't book through here, but I did report my PRICELINE bid - $70/night.

I got in rather late (about 11:00 PM). I asked for a quiet room with nice view, if possible. Most times people are very accommodating, sometimes not.

On this occasion the desk clerk asked if I wanted to upgrade for $20 more per night. I declined, then he upgraded me for no cost. I had a room on the 36th floor - club floor - for no extra money. Believe me, I checked and double checked the room rate to make sure I wasn't charged after declining the offer. It was just a free upgrade.

I have stayed at that hotel before and not been asked about nor offered an upgrade so I don't know why it happened on that occasion. Perhaps it was because I was there on a weekday rather than weekend. We saved a little money because we didn't have to buy breakfast - there is contintental breakfast in the club lounge - but overall I don't think it would have been worth paying for the upgrade. I liked the room and the view but am not sure it would have been worth paying $20 extra per night.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

I agree with AaronJB that if the upgrade is $50 (per nite) i would sooner spend that money on something nice in the city... for $20 i would more likely consider it (also taking into consideration if you're traveling solo or with anyone else and how much you would save by having breakfast at the Club Level vs. eating out)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and let us know what you ultimately decide to do regarding an upgrade and/or what is offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]