Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Hotel Edgewater

Hailey
By Hailey,
in

Moderator, please place in appropriate area. I did not wish to create a new thread.

I also received Edgewater for $70 from 3/5/09 - 3/8/09. I asked Edgewater Reservations about the room I received through Priceline, and received the following:

Through priceline you reserve The city side standard accommodation, our

most intimate accommodations, these 225 sq ft rooms are located on the

city-side of the hotel. All rooms offer a Queen sized bed, sitting

chair, 32" plasma TV, and elegant bathroom with slate flooring, marble

countertop with vessel sink and glass surround shower. (maximum

occupancy of 2).

We can offer paid upgrades to:

The standard waterfront room provides an unobstructed view of Elliott

Bay and is approximately 350 sq. ft. This accommodation features one

king or 2 double beds, 2 overstuffed chairs and a bear ottoman in front

of a gas-burning fireplace, which creates a small sitting area. This

room is equipped with a writing desk, and a European spa style bathroom

featuring stone flooring and a glass-encased walk in shower. This is

for just $50.00/night more.

The standard waterside room provides a partially obstructed view of

Elliott Bay and is approximately 350 sq. ft. This accommodation features

one king or 2 double beds, 2 overstuffed chairs and a bear ottoman in

front of a gas-burning fireplace, which creates a small sitting area.

This room is equipped with a writing desk, and a European spa style

bathroom featuring stone flooring and a glass-encased walk in shower.

This is for just $30.00/night more.

The city deluxe accommodation is approximately 350 sq. ft. The room has

either one king or 2 double beds, 2 overstuffed chairs a writing desk,

and a European spa style bathroom featuring stone flooring and a

glass-encased walk in shower. This is for just $20.00/night more.

Any complimentary upgrades are based upon availability at check in.

I hope this information is helpful to those who get a room at Edgewater as their 4-star hotel through Priceline. Those with experience can debate the quality of the cityside standard accommodation.

Happy Bidding.

Update on my upcoming stay:

I received an email from Edgewater with an offer to upgrade from the basic cityside room:

"A Room with a View

The Beatles made The Edgewater famous for fishing out the window back in 1964. While our amenities are a little different these days, we still offer the same unrivaled view from our water side rooms! From now until March 31st, 2009, upgrade to a coveted waterside room for only $30, regularly offered at $50 at check in! Deals like this don

Returned from my stay at the Edgewater 03/05-03/08:

Here are random notes:

1. Even though I upgraded to the waterfront view with balcony, there are better waterfront rooms than others. Some waterfront rooms will have a view of Mt.Ranier and Seattle city skyline but also the nearby dock. If possible I would suggest asking for a room with a waterfront view that does not include the dock at all.

2. Edgewater provides a shuttle at the top of every hour to destinations within a mile for free and to get back you simply call Guest Services to pick you up. Tipping each way. Convenient and economical if you can schedule around the shuttle.

3. If you rent a car and don't wish to use the mandatory valet parking ($30 per day, plus tip). Here is a parking tip from another review site, but not sure if it includes in/out access privileges:

"On a side note, the parking at the hotel was $30 a night. This is pretty steep, but parking in Seattle is generally expensive. We found a parking garage one block away from the hotel on Elliot and Vine that was only $17 per 24 hour block. I would highly recommend this garage, especially if you are not planning on using your car much to get around Seattle. We left the car there our whole trip for almost half the cost of keeping it at the hotel. And the parking garage is covered; parking at the hotel is a valet at a surface lot a few feet away from the entrance."

4. Regarding Zipcar, there are a few lots within 3-4 blocks of the hotel and worked out okay. I would say it would have been a better choice if I stayed downtown.

5. Room size in king waterfront view is cozy, but not spacious. Fireplace is very nice and heats most of the room nicely, you can also turn on the thermostat to regulate the temperature. Pushing the fireplace button keeps it on for 3hrs. Bathroom is very nice and roomy.

6. There is a fridge, but filled with pay drinks and very little room for your own stuff. No microwave. Internet access requires payment.

7. Bathroom toiletries provided are shampoo, conditioner, shower gel.

8. Did not use the fitness center.

9. Asked the front desk for a later checkout time than noon, they extended it one hour to 1pm.

10. We did not spend time in the restaurant or the lounge. However if you were visiting Seattle, you can walk in anytime and hang out in the lodge, check out the view, maybe get a drink.

11. Short walks uphill (downhill tough for women wearing heels) to Seattle Center and Belltown restaurants, bars, and cafes. Healthy walk to Pikes Place. Okay during the day, a little inconvenient at night because of the weather. Also made it difficult for quick trips to get a snack or bite to eat.

12. Did not research use of Seattle buses as Edgewater is near the Ride Free Zone. http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/ridefree.html

13. We used the Grayline Airporter, however they did not do direct dropoff/pickup at the Edgewater (they offer a connection service, but only btw certain times). It is a very convenient, economical way to go to and from the airport.

If I was to visit Seattle again for a weekend getaway, I would:

- Stay in a Hotel located in the heart of Seattle Downtown (try to get the Westin and ask for a room in the higher levels of the tower where you get a view of downtown and the water as stated by someone else on this board).

- Use Grayline Airporter to get to and from the airport (they do direct dropoff/pickup at the Westin).

- Use public transportation to get around downtown. Use Zipcar for further destinations (many available lots downtown).

- If I did rent a car, find a hotel that includes parking as part of their package, otherwise factor in another $30 per day cost for the hotel.

Hope this information is helpful for those who get Edgewater.

Here are hotel reviews I referenced (moderator please delete if it is a board violation):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...Washington.html

http://travela.priceline.com/travelguides/...tes-175714.html

Thank you for the great update! Yes, those hills in Seattle can indeed get steep. For a future hint to those traveling in Seattle, generally the farther north you go, the less steep the hills are to get up from the waterfront. So it's smarter to walk east on the north end rather than on the south side.

I agree about your Westin thought... I'm a huge fan of the Westin Seattle. The location is great and the rooms are decent. The place could use a remodel and a lower price, but the views are to kill for. If you, or anyone reading this does decide to book the Westin Seattle sometime (not through priceline cause people rarely win it), I would suggest you plan your stay around the $100 gift card period. Basically you get the cheapest price through the Westin site ($199 for the stay) as well as a $100 gift card which you can use at the Pacific Place Mall. We had a great time using this since I got a nice room with a view, a ball game and 3 meals for 4 of us just over $220.

On a side note, I am going to the edgewater as well this month to see how it's changed... I really enjoyed my last stay (but it was awhile back!).

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]