Priceline Hotel: 3* Maryland-DC Suburbs (Bethesda-South Rockville) Legacy Hotel

ljk
By ljk,
in

I'm new to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE at Better Bidding. I've tried a three bids and have not been successful so far. I've tried $50, $60, and $69 and they have all been rejected. I'm looking on Priceline at a 3.5* in Bethesda/South Rockville hoping to get the Hyatt Regency. We are going to DC and want to stay in Bethesda May 26 and check out May 30, 2009 for a total of 4 nights and 2 rooms. We will be 4 people. I see others have got it in this price range. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm new to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE at Better Bidding. I've tried a three bids and have not been successful so far. I've tried $50, $60, and $69 and they have all been rejected. I'm looking on Priceline at a 3.5* in Bethesda/South Rockville hoping to get the Hyatt Regency. We are going to DC and want to stay in Bethesda May 26 and check out May 30, 2009 for a total of 4 nights and 2 rooms. We will be 4 people. I see others have got it in this price range. Am I doing something wrong?

DO NOT post on the board with multiple screen names. :)

Rates are date specific. Taking one of the wins you reference which has not yet taken place, this win of the Bethesda Hyatt at $45 takes place on 3/27-3/29. Hotel direct rates for these nites average $160/nite... checking rates at this property for your own dates shows an average price of over $225+/nite (with 3 out of 4 of your nites at $299 and above)

This rate comparison indicates higher occupancy/demand for your dates than the example where the user won at $45, and just as hotel direct rates are higher for your dates, it will also likely take a higher bid as well in order to be accepted for yoru dates as well.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to get it for no more than $75. It looks like to me that the Hyatt Regency is sometimes won under a 3* and sometimes a 3 1/2*. Should I try it under a 3*? It doesn't have to be the Hyatt, but I liked it for being right on top of the Metro, I do want one within a couple o blocks of the Metro.

You can click HERE to use the 'retail' division of PRICELINE and see the current star rating of the Hyatt (no guarantees each arm of their service uses the same star rating, but it's widely suspected that they do)

At the 3.5* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Bethesda...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above fails what i believe to be the Crowne Plaza in Silver Spring is available for $75/nite and it doesn't look too far from the metro.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]