Bidding in Priceline - issues

KingKongHotel
By KingKongHotel,
in

Hello all, I'm a bit of a newbie so please go easy.

I'm attempting to book a hotel in London, I select Mayfair - Soho as my area I select $100USD as my bid, and I get taken to a screen entitled "5 Star Luxury Hotel, Mayfair - Soho Area" US100. which looks like an offer

But I've tried a few times with differnet bid amounts and always get the same screen, now I assume this is the point of the bidding (i.e. blind) but how do I know I'm not getting the same hotel back for a bid of 100 or a bid of 300? I know there are various hotels in that area so how do I place a bid across all, or do I just go for the cheapest and that's all I can do? It's just 100USD seems pretty cheap for a 5* hotel.

Any help on what's happening or what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

KK.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

That screen is simply asking you to review the information (dates, zone, star rating, etc) you entered... it is not indicative of an acceptance. If you look at the bottom of that page you'll likely see a "BUY MY HOTEL NOW" button, and that is the point where PRICELINE will actually go out and attempt to buy a hotel room for you.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you'd like to porceed and if we can be of further helpl

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It appears that you're confusing PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.

With HOTWIRE you choose from a list of hotels offered in the region... with PRICELINE you select the zone and submit a bid.

See this thread for more information between the similarities and differences of each:

I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

Feel free to ask questions and/or let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]