Priceline Hotel: 3* Doubletree (Convention Center) 9/3-6...$50

Nani
By Nani,
in

I was trying for a 4* in FQ (hoping for the Marriott at 555 Canal). We stayed there in November and it is a great hotel and in a perfect location. I started bidding at $48 and went up to my max of $85 (I had already made a reservation through their website at $139). I didn't get it. I tried again this past Monday and still didn't get it. :) I then added 3*moved my price down to $50 and still nothing. I then added the Convention Ctr. area and got the Doubltree New Orleans at 300 Canal St., which is close to Harrah's and the FQ. :o Our total for 3 nights during Labor Day wknd is only $177.78!!!

I read several reviews about this Doubltree on Trip Advisor. Several people complained about the noise late at night and bad service. We could care less about either at $50 a night!!! Plus...you go to New Orleans to enjoy the great food, music, and ALL NIGHT entertainment. I doubt I'll be concerned about hearing the guest above me flush their toilet when I stumble in from Bourbon Street or Harrah's in the wee hours! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

Does it say anything on your confirmation screen regarding whether this is actually in the FQ or CC zone? (i'm assuming it's CC since you were previously rejected at 3* for the FQ immediately before this acceptance).

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]