Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Cambridge) Hyatt Regency Cambridge

jbk92116
By jbk92116,
in

This is my first time bidding -- can you help me come up with a bidding strategy?

I need to get a room for 1 night on 9/15 in Boston. I don't care about stars. I would like a hotel in the following zones:

Back Bay-Copley

Cambridge

Downtown Boston-Charlestown

World Trade Center

I may be able to tolerate a hotel in these zones:

Medford-Sommerville

South Boston

Revere-Logan Airport

Thanks,

-jbk92116

I don't think you'll be successful in your top prefered zones, but you have a chance in the Airport zone and perhaps some of the alternate areas.

Would you rather go for the airport at $75 or less or would you rather raise your minimum bid for your prefered zones?

Of course you could always try the ideal areas up to $75 before reverting to 'settling' for the airport area.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a stategy accordingly.

PS- as rates are high in the 'city', is there a special event going on for this date?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think you'll be successful in your top prefered zones, but you have a chance in the Airport zone and perhaps some of the alternate areas....

PS- as rates are high in the 'city', is there a special event going on for this date?

Well you were right! I tried and got nothing for $75 in any zone in Boston. Oh well. I need to decide whether I want to shell out more money (or stay with a cousin, which I didn't want to do).

I don't know if there is anything special going on that day....

Thanks for your help!

Got it!

I bid $85 for 3* hotels in Downtown, Cambridge, Back Bay and World Trade Center, and was counter offered at $107. I skipped the counter offer and rebid $92 by adding South Boston it got accepted. The hotel is Hyatt Regency Cambridge. Good enough! Thanks everyone for your input.

p.s. Hyatt's own website quoted $240, but Hotwire had a 4* hotel in Cambridge for $126. So in the end my $92 bid saves me about $34. Not bad, but not phenomenal either. I think 9/15 was not a good day for bargain hunting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]