??Hotwire Auto Rental Fees at rental agency??

moncton
By moncton,
in

I have been checking with travel agents and online to find the best price for a van rental for 10 days in Orlando.

The best price I've found is through an agent...except that when I got her to check on the hidden taxes/fees (paid at agency) there were ...

Airport fees = 9.8%......States Sales/Road Tax = 7% + $3/day.......and 4.17-4.72% tax to be added on pre-paid rates.

With all these add on taxes Hotwire appears to be a much better bet!

Are there any added hidden taxes (airport/state etc.) when you get to the agency after paying via HOTWIRE?...not talking about optional insurance...just mandatory fees?

Thank you!

There shouldn't be any additional fees, other than any optional services (insurance, car seat, GPS, etc) you may opt for.

You do pay the taxes (of which there are frequently many when renting cars) but this should all be included in the "taxes and fees" line of HOTWIRE, and that the total shown is the price you'll pay.

What are the dates and location of your rental?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]