Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal (Downtown) Marriott Chateau Champlain

crustycruises
By crustycruises,
in

Got the Marriott Chateau Champlain for $85 for August 27-29 (Molson Indy!) I had been trying for the 2.5*, but couldn't seem to nail it and had no date/location options left, so went right back and re-tried for the 3*. I bid $68 and got a message back that if I was willing to pay $17 more, the room was mine. Does that happen often?? :) I was pretty thrilled, anyway. This my first experience with Priceline--I've used Hotwire 2x before but it was too rich for my blood this time around. :)

crusty,

You can see if you were upgraded by looking at the Priceline confirmation screen. It will either say (something like):

1) Congratulations we've found a 3* hotel....

OR

2) Congratulations, we've found a hotel and upgraded you....

There should also be some red stars on the conrimation screen which indicate the hotel's rating.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I recall reading that Priceline's ratings were going to be aligned with TravelWeb's ratings, although this wasn't complete yet. And as it turns out, Marriott Chateau Champlain is rated as 3* by TravelWeb. It doesn't really make sense, but a number of Marriotts around the world that should have better ratings have only 3*.

But anyway, as thereuare said, best thing is to bring up the acceptance screen and take a look and see what it says.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]