Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE - Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

ell
By ell,
in

Finally registered after seeing your site recommended elsewhere and lurking for awhile. What a breath of fresh air after being on TOBB.

I've used Priceline successfully for my last 3 hotel stays, but I'm having trouble this time.

Here's my dilemma: I've been bidding FW for Sep 25 (Saturday) the last couple of weeks bidding every 72 hours with no luck.

Started at $60 & 65, then $65 & 70, and lastly at $70 & 75. I thought for sure the last bid of $75 would do it as the prices for FW Sheraton, Hyatt & Tuscan Inn were running around $169 to $189 for that date on their websites.

Today, I checked again to see that both the Hyatt FW and Mariott FW are sold out for the 25th. So my am I running into an inventory problem or a Saturday check-in problem?

Any suggestions? (My DH wants to be in FW area, but as a last resort would be willing to go 4* USE.)

ell

Today, I checked again to see that both the Hyatt FW and Mariott FW are sold out for the 25th.  So my am I running into an inventory problem or a Saturday check-in problem?

Any suggestions?  (My DH wants to be in FW area, but as a last resort would be willing to go 4* USE.)

ell

I'd say it's both. I'm not sure it's possible to succeed in FW at 3* or 4* USE for $75 given this situation. Although I would try the USE bid now.

Would you consider a lower quality or a higher price (potentially much higher)?

Hotwire has much higher prices for your date.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The FW is indeed priced quite a bit higher for this date. At what point would you resort to the USE/Embarcadero zone? I think that is going to be your best bet, especially now that the other properties are showing sold-out conditions.

I think you have to ask yourself (or your DH :) ) how much more it would be worth to stay in FW vs. USE. Then add that amount to what you think it will take to be successful in the USE/Embarcadero and bid up to that amount.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your responses.

At this point we'd be willing to go to $85 for 3* FW. So will bid again after the 72hr lockout. Should I try $80, then $85 or go straight to $85? (Sheraton and Tuscan Inn are still showing availability at $189.)

If this fails, we will bid USE 4*.

Saturday check-ins much less Saturday one night stays are very difficult in FW, and USE too. If you're looking for a quality room for a one night Saturday stay, your best value would probably be USW, where I suspect you could get a bid accepted at a 4* for as low as 70 and probably not more than 80. Just my two cents.

I think you will need to bid circa 85-95 for a one night Saturday stay 3* in FW to get accepted.

Tried FW 3* again at $80 and $85 - rejected. So switched to USE-Embarcadero.

Got USE-Embarcadero 4* Hyatt Regency for $68!! :)

Bidding strategy:

• Started at $60 - rejected
  • USE + re-bid zone at $62 - got countered with $17; offered $67 & rejected
  • USE + another re-bid zone at $65; got countered again with $17; offered $70 & rejected
  • Added additonal zone and bid $68 - Accepted.

Very happy with this! Thanks for all your help.

ell

ps Used SavingsBarn for my bid.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]