WA Seattle Hyatt Bellevue Redmond

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

My first stay at a Doubletree and I was fairly impressed. Not sure if this property is better/worse than the others in the chain but the hotel was very nice with an Embassy Suites feel to it due to the large atrium lobby. There were no rooms available on the Executive Level so our Hhonors gold status couldn

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I just completed a one-night stay at this Doubletree on September 13 with a $46 bid. I don't have much to add to thereuare's extensive review, but just a few comments...

In Bellevue, I've stayed at the Red Lion Bellevue Inn (next door to the Doubletree) once and the Coast Hotel (other side of the I-405) twice in the past. Let me say that the Doubletree is hands down the best of the three.

I called in advance and asked for a king non-smoking. When I checked in at about 6:30pm, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk staff who informed us that he upgraded us to the Hhilton Honors Floor with a nice room facing away from the highway - room 815. He gave us our two free cookies and offered help in selecting nearby eateries, etc.

The room itself was absolutely gorgeous. The linens were extremely nice and it was very quiet. The only minor glitch might be the climate control. I turned the air conditioner to be very cold but noticed the fan just blew cool air, and the temperature would never reach the climate control setpoint. Regardless, it was not particularly hot so I just turned off the system entirely, Despite this, I must say that I have never slept so well in a hotel room.

I was a bit bummed about the parking charge when I won the bid but in the end I parked on the street about a block away in a residential area. The posted signs allow for 2 hour parking after 8:00am but make no mention of overnight parking. Bellevue is very safe - and there were lots of nice import cars in the driveways - so I had no problem leaving my car on the sreet and walking to the hotel.

There is a business center in the lobby with two Dell computers and a Brother printer. This center can be accessed by asking the key at the front desk. Internet and printing was completementary in this center although in-room WiFi was not free.

When I checked out, I asked for some cookies (I was planning to buy some, as I had stayed a Doubletree years ago near Seatac on an Entertainment rate and was told I would have to pay for more than the two at check-in). To my surprise, the nice front desk person gave me 4 cookies for the road! While I was at the front desk, someone else called and asked for a rate - $199! What a great hotel - I would not hesistate to stay again.

• 2 months later...

I just completed another stay at the Doubletree in Bellevue on November 21 with a $51 bid. I checked in very late and the fellow at the counter was the same staffperson who checked me in in September! I asked for a nice king non-smoking and was given room 710. He also gave me access to the executive floor which had a complimentary continental breakfast the following morning. Once again, I used the business center in the lobby - although I noticed that this time there was a sign noting that there was $3 charge per 15 minutes of the center (not sure if this was there in September and I just didn't notice). Regardless, I was not charged for using the business center.

Once again, I slept very well in the Doubletree bed, enjoyed the warm cookies, and feel that this is truly one of the better hotels I've gotten through Priceline.

• 4 months later...

One more night at this hotel for me - April 9, on a $51 bid. This great Doubletree hotel is now in the process of being converted to a Hilton. The entire lobby is being gutted and renovated. Therefore, they have relocated the lobby to the ground floor. I think parking is now free because one has to enter the parking lot in order to get near the new temporary lobby. I didn't inquire about a business center but did not see it.

The stay in itself was great. I was initially assigned room 1010 which was very noisy because it overlooked the I-405. I called down and asked to be moved, and a bellman immediately brought up keys for room 1011 across the hall, which was much quieter. Once again, I slept very well in the comfortable bed.

Unforunately, I have a bad feeling this property will be upgraded to a 4* on Priceline after the renovations are completed, as it is already now clearly a cut above the current 3* hotels such as the adjacent Red Lion and the nearby Coast Hotel. The front desk told me that the renovations will be completed by June and hopefully I can stay once more while still a Doubletree.

• 2 years later...

Hi:

Not really impressed with this property. I thought I'd try a four star hotel just to see how the other half lives.

Complimentary underground parking on weekends. There are several businesses on the North side of the hotel that might be used for parking during the week. As long as one leaves the area early in the morning that should work.

Very impressive lobby area. Smooth check in. No Priceline bias. Up to the twentieth floor. Rapid elevator. Nice quiet hallway. Huge tall king bed. Floor to ceiling glass wall with a view of a construction crane. Nose prints on window. Not mine. Greasy head prints on headboard of bed. Not mine. Nose prints by peep hole on door. Not mine. Dust bunnies along edge of carpet. Housekeeping needs some attention.

I didn't explore the business centre or the dining areas. The bar area was very noisy as I walked by. Folio slipped under door in the morning.

• 3 years later...

Straight to the point. Got the 15th floor with view of downtown...and the roof of bellevue place.

PROS:

Free parking on weekend

Great lounge by the elevator (forgot the name)

Vibrant nightlife within walking distance. Parlor (serves as a club & poolhall, go figure. Drinks are cheap, decent young talents, good music, etc), lucky strike, some restaurant/bar across the valet parking)

Concierge was helpful

CONS:

The walls are thin as hell!!!!!!!

Gym is in a different building (Bellevue place)

Clubs & bars shut down at 2AM !?!?!?! WTH!

Housekeeping were very annoying. knock knock...housekeeping! knock knock...housekeeping! 5X times !!!

Did i mention that the walls are thing?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]