Hotwire Hotel: 4* hotwire $89 - The white house, capitol hill

aday
By aday,
in

I am being quoted by Hotwire for a 4* hotel titled - The White House - Capitol Hill - $89 per night. Can anyone help me figure out which hotel this is?

Here is the info it gives:

Points of interest:

1. Smithsonian Museums

Travel information:

3.2 miles to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), 23.4 miles to Washington Dulles Intl. (IAD)

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Says it is rated 3.5 out of 5 by tripadvisor.com

Also shows a map... but can't zoom in. Dates are 4/9 - 4/13. 2adults 2children

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking kids, so location matters greatly..

Just in case it comes up again, I would still like to find out which hotel it might be. On mapquest, the address for the Capital Hilton comes up at 3.3 miles from DCA and 22.22 miles from IAD which is not consistent with what is given for the quoted Hotwire hotel as 3.2 miles from DCA and 23.4 from IAD. Do you have any other possibilities as I am hoping it comes available again... Thank you.

The milage quoted by HOTWIRE is not from this specific hotel, but from the center of the zone... all the hotels in the (White House-Capitol Hill) zone will show the same milage.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

They must have changed that because every hotel that I pull up in that area comes up with slightly different mileage from airports.

For example, currently there is a 4.5* The White House- Capitol Hill for $189/night showing Travel information:

3.2 miles to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), 22.8 miles to Washington Dulles Intl. (IAD)

This differs from the 4* which was 23.4 miles to IAD.

I don't show a 4.5* property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, only a 4* and a 3.5* and both show the same milage distance. As well, under the milage is the following from HOTWIRE:

Note: Distances are measured from center of the area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

CheckInDate:Thu, Apr 9, 2009 Check-out:silkCheckOutnDate:Mon, Apr 13, 2009

RATE :$119

Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Tennis Nearby

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Are you still seeing the above on your HOTWIRE search as i'm not currently seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, it is gone now. I will just keep checking daily until I find something that seems like a deal. In the meantime, I have tentative reservations (they can be cancelled without penalty) at the what will be the newly remodeled Dupont Hotel which opens this month (used to be Jurys). I got a rate of 140.75/night which is half off the regular rate. I am assuming that is pretty good but I am always ready to find a better deal... thanks for your help.

CheckInDate:Thu, Apr 9, 2009 Check-out:silkCheckOutnDate:Mon, Apr 13, 2009

RATE :$119

Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Tennis Nearby

This offer is up again today on hotwire. Any idea on what hotel it might be? Thanks!

The last offer I mentioned for the 4* for $119 Dupont Circle is up again this morning... any idea which hotel it might be (with the tennis nearby?) Thanks!

Hmm, that is interesting. Is it coming up at 249/nite for the same dates? I wonder why the price is different? Could it be that it is the refurbished Jury's hotel (now called the Dupont by the Doyle Collection of hotels)? Just a thought since it is new and hasn't been identified....

Oh, also, it shows no ratings by trip advisor...

Are you still seeing it offered at $119 or at $200+ on your own HOTWIRE search?

HOWEVER, i just ran a HOTWIRE search once again and when sarching 4/9-4/13 for 2adults/2chidren a 4* comes up in the Dupont Circle-Emassy Suites zone with: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $123. It also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 4.5/5.0 (make sure it shows this on the property you purchase) which makes this a match for the Palomar which gets GREAT reviews.

If this zone works well for your needs i would grab this.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

NOTE: when searching for only 2adults a hotel with fewer icons appears so you'll need to search for 2adults/2children to hopefully get the above to appear

A 4 1/2* just came up in White House area for 150/night! Sounds like a great deal, but I would like to have some idea of what hotel it is..

Yes, the 4* Dupont Circle still comes up for $119, but honestly the White House/Capitol Hill area is closer to all the areas we want to visit (Smithsonian, etc.). Do you know which hotel this may be? Sofitel or Willard? Is this about as good as it is going to get? Thanks!

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

• 4 weeks later...
The 4.5* matches the previous amenity combination for the Sofitel so that woudl be our best guess... but this property doesn't appear when searching for 2adults/2children.

New 4* showing up today. Can you please help me identify? 4/9 - 4/13. 1 room - 2 adults. $153 per night

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]