Priceline Hotel: 2* San Francisco (South) Alpine Inn and Suites

coffeepot
By coffeepot,
in

Hello,

First timer here.

Planning to stay in SFO for the cheapest hotel from 02/27-03/02. Need help to identify the following hotel please.

2-star hotel in N. SFO Intl Airport - Oyster Point.

Price $29.00/ night

Ammenities: Airport shuttle, pool, restaurant, laundry & hi-speed internet

I suspect it is Travelodge San Francisco Airport-North, but sure.

Thank you very much for the help

Congratulations on your win!

Hope you're happy with the results and that this will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your biddig and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After looking at the Alpine Inn's website this must be the 2.5* Boutique that Hotwire's been offering in their Daly City-Cow Palace zone lately. Daly City-Cow Palace zone doesn't show up when searching on "San Francisco" but it does when searching on "SFO".

I don't know if you're familiar with the area, coffeepot, but I'll give you a heads up that this hotel is next to the Cow Palace on Geneva Avenue and it's not one of SF's best areas. There's a large public housing project a few blocks away, and if you won't have a car I'd be cautious about "exploring the neighborhood". I don't mean to sound alarmist and the hotel itself could be okay. I haven't stayed there. But if you have problems or concerns you shouldn't hesitate to contact Priceline's Customer Service department.

It's possible you could have won a 3* or 2.5* hotel for $40 so I think I might have tried those options first, before bidding $40 for a 2*. In the future if you want suggestions before bidding feel free to ask.

But if you have problems or concerns you shouldn't hesitate to contact Priceline's Customer Service department.

Thank you for your input colfax. I called PL to cancel or to change my hotel to different area due to a safety issue based on tripadvisor customer review, but they kept telling me that my purchase is non refundable & non cancelable. I was escalated to the CS supervisor and asked for 1 time courtesy refund but we would not budge. Do not know what else to do.

Thanks

Sorry you didn't have better luck with Priceline, coffeepot.

If you get to the Alpine and find it unacceptable you should call Priceline again and complain again. Complaints from your personal experience are more compelling than complaints based on someone else's experience read on TripAdvisor, where a lot of reviews are bogus. (But when the issue is security you want to err on the side of caution.) If you call Priceline back from the hotel you'll probably be talking to a different individual than the first time, and that sometimes leads to different results. It's worth a shot.

But first, do you have time to deal with driving or being shuttled to one hotel and potentially wanting to move to another?

Another option is book a second higher rated hotel now for $40-45 and just bag the first as a Priceline learning experience; not a bargain this time. If you want that we'll suggest something.

It's also possible you'll find the Alpine works just fine for your purposes, or is minimally adequate. I'm not personally familiar with the hotel. Not every review is bad.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]