Hotwire and child under 2

drodog
By drodog,
in

I'm a newbie with Hotwire and am looking for some guidance. I've noticed that Hotwire only asks for the number of children over 2 years of age. This implies that if you are traveling with children under 2, the hotel should be able to accomodate them in the room you purchase. Is this correct? I am looking for a hotel in Rome, and I know that some European hotels have restrictions that only "deluxe" or better rooms can be booked for people traveling with children who will be staying with them in the same room. Does anyone have some insight they can share with me to help me make a more informed decision?

I think you're "safe" not including the child in your search, but would also use caution if the total occupancy was going to be more than triple (ie- if you have two or more children under age two, i wouldn't necessary assume that all will be fine and show up at the hotel when i've only booked for double occupancy... you'd need to be a little proactive and confirm with the hotel after your purchase)... definately more cautious if occupancy was actually going to be over four people in the room.

So assuming you're two adults and one child under 2 years old, when i say "safe", i mean that if you made a purchase and then contacted the hotel and the hotel wasn't going to be able to accomodate the three of you, that you would be able to contact HOTWIRE and either have them arrange for a room which would accomoate you OR cancel the reservation (at their choice)... you would have a good leg to stand on since you did enter the parameters as per their definition.

When we were looking at Paris hotels i had a similar sitaution in that i had an opporutnity to purchase what i believe to be the Paris Hilton thru HOTWIRE, which their website indicates their standard rooms have a maximum occupancy of two... but i sent the hotel an email and was told the rooms could handle a crib which is what we would have needed. Ultimately we went a different route and got a suite at a different hotel (which was a BIG mistake and i would have been MUCH better at the Hilton)

This brings up another point in that if your under 2 year old sleeps in a bed it may also be a different situation, but if sleeping in a crib i would feel 'safe' since i woudln't necessarily be needing a room with 2 beds, i could take their 'standard' room and have a crib/pak n' play brought into the room.

Again, if you do book and not include the under 2 year old in the search, i would be proactive and confirm the arrangements with the hotel beforehand... don't just show up at the hotel expecting all will be fine without any prior contact informing them of the bedding/room-type that you need.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]