Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Swissotel The Drake

rkkwan
By rkkwan,
in

It's the only 4* MTE that's been reported on this board, and that's what I got.

Amenities: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Spa

When I first searched for it today (8/17), it was $161. When I booked it, it was $157. Right now, it's $159.

Total costs for 2 nights: $314 + $54.95 = $368.95

Rate on its website is $199 + tax.

I tried Priceline several times over the last 1.5 weeks, bidding up to $125 for 4* in all of Manhattan, but no luck, probably because of Saturday check-in (not Friday). Lowest rate on all travel sites for a major 4* in Mid-town for those dates is around $180 for the Sheraton Towers or Sheraton Manhattan.

I emailed the hotel about getting non-smoking King room, but no reply yet. Will review property after the trip.

Welcome to BetterBidding and thanks for sharing your win.

Was this still a Customer Favorite?

I don't think the Saturday check-in was a problem with your Priceline bids but rather that your bid wasn't high enough.

If you haven't yet heard back from the hotel you may want to try calling them to put in your bedding request.

Enjoy NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Great website!

Anyways, I know $125 on Priceline is on the low-side, but I wasn't willing to pay more without knowing what I will get. I'm much more comfortable paying a little more for the Swissotel, which has pretty good reviews here and everywhere.

And, yes, it's still a "Customer Favorite" on Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...

A little pre-trip update. I never receive an email from the acknowledging my request for room-type, but when I called the hotel just now, they do find that request submitted. Of course, they can't guarantee anything, but at least they can "accept" a request for room-type with a Hotwire booking.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]