Number of Hotels in Hotwire Searches

history100
By history100,
in

I am new to Hotwire. I have been playing around with different searches to help me get used to the format/options, etc. For each search, regardless of city or date, I never get more than 4 hotels in a particular zone.

For example, my Seattle search: I only get 4 hotels in Dowtown - Pike Place, 4 in Downtown Center Space Needle, etc.

I change dates, number of people in a room, etc. but it doesn't change the total number of hotels in a given area.

Same with searches in other cities - I never get more than 4 hotels in any one zone.

Is there a limit to the number of listings shown? Does Hotwire only show a maximum of 4 in any one area? Thanks in advance.

Hotwire only shows a maximum of one hotel for each zone/star level. So, for example, if you search for a hotel in Seattle, it will show only one 4* hotel in the Downtown-Pike Place zone. They very likely have access to rooms at more than one 4* hotel in this zone, but they'll only list one (presumably their least expensive one at the time). Since the number of hotels shown in a particular zone is limited to the number of star levels on Hotwire, you won't see more than 4 or 5 hotels listed in a given zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]