France Paris Libertel Amiral Duperre

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Conveniently located a block away from Pigalle station, and just a 10-15 minute walk to anywhere. Small hotel, clean and friendly.

The room had a double bed, desk, chair, mini-fridge under the desk, Small closet.

The lack of drawers was annoying, since the room was so small that there was no space on the floor for laying a suitcase flat and using it for storage.

The tub had a very high wall, and an awkward glass thing that closes half the length of the tub. The thing (what are these called?) could swivel to allow easy entry into the tub, but it was blocked so it couldn't be turned outward. It would be very hard and dangerous for older people, children, or anyone with knee problems, to get in and out of the tub. I recommend asking for a room with a shower stall instead. Also, because the thing only closes half the length of the tub, water splashes onto the bathroom floor. Ingenious.

The hotel provides some body & hair cleansing liquid. I was glad I brought normal soap and shampoo with me.

The bed: it was only 6 feet long, and the padded headboard reduced it by some 4 inches. I am 6 feet tall, so the bed ended at my ankles. I had to sleep diagonally to fit in. What would a taller person do? It's not like Europeans are particularly short...

zbenye's favorite things in Paris:

- Leonidas chocolates. Twice as expensive as in Belgium, but still half what they cost in the U.S. The white chocolate with mocca filling is the best.

- The Honore Fragonard museum. No, not the artist but his cousin the Vet...! Read up: Review and Museum website. Keep a sick bag with you, just in case...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]