WA Seattle Hilton Garden Inn Renton Kent

deleted
By deleted,
in

We were very pleased with this hotel. The top two reasons we wanted this hotel were the free parking, and the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The hotel was not difficult to find, it was off exit 2 on I-405 South, and there was a Summerfield Suites, Townplace Suites, and Larkspur Landing, basically all sharing the same parking lot.

The staff was very friendly. They knew we were going to the baseball games, and asked upon our return if we had a good time. We were given driving directions (some spoken -- buyer beware on those -- and some printed out with a "concierge" heading on the printout).

The hotel was relatively quiet. We heard the people in the neighboring room, but they didn't keep us up. Our room was on the 2nd floor, and NOT what I would designate as a Priceline room. Nope, those would be the rooms next to us. We had a view of the parking lot (as opposed to a view of the air conditioner, as the next room had), with an openable window. Actually we were pleased we could see our car from our window, and the ventilation was greatly appreciated. The business center was one computer, and it was not used frequently during my 2 day stay except for one surfer who stayed in there for over an hour while I lugged bags downstairs off and on prior to check out.

The hotel offered a breakfast buffet for $8.95. I looked at it, and I didn't think it was worth it. We just fasted until lunch, and snacked on the food items we brought with us on our road trip, which we kept in the free refrigerator in our room.

For Northwest Airlines or other I-Dine/diningformiles people, there is a chinese buffet within a couple of miles, on Grady Way, which is an I-Dine partner. We didn't go there, but I've never met a chinese buffet I couldn't find something at to fill me up, and the prices posted outside were reasonable.

The downside: we got back to the hotel after the 1:05 pm baseball game, around 5 pm, and our room was still not made up. Finally after 6 pm housekeeping came by. At that point my husband and son were napping (fell asleep in front of the TV) so I just asked for towels, coffee, and extra pillows. I got the towels and pillows. There is free coffee in the lobby, so I didn't fret. However, the next morning when I went down, all three coffee pots were dry. So, be more proactive than me and call back to guest services if they miss anything.

I spent $80 for two nights, tax included. I'd stay again for a similar rate, I heard from another guest in the elevator she paid $50 on Hotwire which would also be reasonable, but I can't say I'd spend the $99 they were quoting to new guests. It is a bit far from everything. (My pet peeve, the same coffee cup sat next to the front door all day Saturday morning and was still there Sunday when we checked out). it seems just fine for a business hotel with the high speed internet and all, but leisure, the price would have to be right, which for me would be the price I paid above.

• 5 months later...

Just finished a two-night stay here. Nothing was wrong with the place, but nothing was extraordinarily great about it either, and it did reinforce my impression that HGIs are little more than La Quintas with Hilton signs out front. Closer to a 2* than a 3*.

I was offered a non-smoking room with a king bed and took it; the clerk mentioned PL but not perjoratively.

Nicest feature: the closing time for the pool/hot tub/exercise area seemed to be unenforced. It was posted at either 10pm or 11pm, depending on what sign you read, but my card key worked past 11, and nobody cared that I was in there after midnight. It did get a bit of use while I was there.

Worst feature: The continental breakfast was pretty cheesy for the $6.50 they were asking: mostly cold food and pour-your-own-waffles that many Days Inn type places offer for free. There were two breakfast options, actually, with more hot-food choices if you wanted to fork over $8.50 or $9. I passed on both.

I could hear noise from adjacent rooms rather well, but it didn't bother me too much. The refrigerator was nice to have, but it could have been colder, and I couldn't find a knob to control the temperature. I was locked out of my room when I fudged the noon checkout time by a few minutes, but the front desk was cool about it and let me back in to finish packing up.

I received a free USA Today on Monday, but nothing on Sunday.

• 4 months later...

Very late posting (original from September 2004):

I just completed a one-night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Renton (September 18 - one night for $29/night + taxes and fees).

The hotel is a bit hard to find (especially in the dark) so print out the directions from the website before heading there. The hotel is quite new looking, and is adjacent to the Larkspur Landing Home Suite Hotel (they share an entrance and almost a parking lot).

I checked in late at 11:00pm without any mention of Priceline. Asked for a King Size non-smoking room and was happily given room 424, which fit the description. The room was adequately sized and the bathroom was clean. Toiletries were by Neutrogena. Hair dryer was 1300W but was not weak. The shower had good water pressure. High speed Internet was complimentary in the room, and you could print documents as well (printer is in the business center). Thanks to the previous reviewer, I brought my own Ethernet cable. As mentioned previously there is a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker in each room.

The lobby was nicely furnished and had fresh Washington Red Delicious apples in a fruit bowl and complimentary coffee and tea in the morning. To the left of the check-in desk is the dining area, which serves an American buffet breakfast and a continental breakfast. There was also a business center with use of the computer and printer there (not sure if there was a fax machine or not).

All in all, I was very happy with my stay and am quite thrilled I didn't pay more for a 3*. I would happily stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

• 2 months later...

I will only add that my room (118) had an ethernet cable in it, but I didn't bring my laptop on this trip. I bid $35 (August, 2005). If you are using Priceline, you should call the hotel if your bid is accepted and you want a room with two beds as they only had king beds when I checked in.

Embien - Banks, OR

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]