Priceline Hotel: 4* MTW - The Shoreham Hotel

Dilbert
By Dilbert,
in

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I emailed the hotel asking for a twin room (i.e., 2 beds). Today, they emailed me saying there'll be a surcharge of $50 per night!

Can they do that? :) Frankly, I'm surprised and don't want to pay. I thought the agreement is for 1 room, I should be able to specify the type of room...?

Some advice is appreciated. Since I can't cancel (and I'll still be staying there), I want to write something back to them. If nothing else, just tell them to forget the extra person...?

Thanks.

Priceline guarantees sleeping arrangement for 2 people, but bedding type is subject to availability and the descretion of the hotel. Here's some info from another thread on this board:

WillTravel:

Just because it's New York, I think there's some chance of not getting the beds you want - or else the hotel might offer to upgrade you to different bedding for a fee ($50 in the case of the Shoreham). I've read several of those stories about NYC bids re Priceline.

thereuare:

In the case of the Shoreham, they have 2 classes of rooms (no, not Priceline/non-Priceline  ).... their standard room can only accomodate a Queen size bed, to fit a larger bed (or 2 beds) requires their next class of rooms, which i agree with the hotel that Priceine/Hotwire guests are not entitled to (these are not special "priceline rooms", but literally a different class of room which is more expensive if booked direct). I don't have a problem with this, but can understand how it can be a complaint of an unknowing Priceline guest, and result in an argument and/or misinformation of "i was treated differently as a Priceline guest."

So the bottom line is that in NYC... anything goes!

WillTravel:

That makes sense about the Shoreham, thereuare. It could be argued they are doing their guests a favor by allowing the upgrade for a fee - since the total price is still going to be rather less than two rooms on Priceline or getting one room at rack rate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]