Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Downtown - Charlestown) Radisson

gtee2k
By gtee2k,
in

Hi,

I am planning on being in boston from August 27 - August 29. My friends and I are going there for a concert at the Fleet Boston Pavilion, which I believe is near the World Trade Center area (I've never been to Boston before). Could someone please suggest what areas I ought to bid on, and how much? A 3* or better hotel would be nice.

thanks in advance,

gtee2k

If the concert is at the Fleet Center ( the old Boston Garden) I would try and stay downtown as most of the hotels would be in walking distance, T or short cab. PL has the area listed as Downtown - Charlestown. I know all the 4* are downtown and I am not sure if what properties are in Charlestown which would not be ideal. The Copley area is considered more upscale with the trendy shops on Newbury St., though there are many nice bars restaurants downtown.

The Fleet pavillion is near the World Trade but there is really nothing down there in the way of restaurants or shops. The cab ride from downtown is quick and certainly under $10.

There is only one hotel in that area, the Seaport Hotel. And it tends to be rather expensive (I believe it has shown up on Priceline in the past, but not that often). You're better off getting a downtown hotel and just grabbing a cab to the show; there's not much else out that way besides the Pavilion and a couple restaurants.

(Be sure to grab dinner at the No Name Restaurant before the show - some of the best seafood chowder in town, right next to the Pavilion, and relatively inexpensive).

Well, I found a couple of posts in the MA forum where ppl were wanting to visit Boston around the same time. After following strategy recommended to them, I got the following on my 4th bid...

Radisson Hotel Boston - 3*

Downtown Boston - Charlestown

$85/night for 8/27-8/29 (2nights)

Hopefully it'll be alright...

this forum was very helpful...thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]