Booking rooms for other people

heymikey
By heymikey,
in

If you book a room through PRICELINE, will they ask for the credit card used to make such booking when checking in? I'm giving my parents a 3-week trip around Europe (flights and accommodations) and the flights have been taken care of. For the accommodations, if I use my own credit card to make such bookings through PRICELINE, will my parents have to present my credit card when checking in?

No, they just need to show their own credit card for incidentals... not necessarily the credit card that was used to book the room.

As well, make sure you put their name down as the guest on the reservation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

are you sure? i never saw a place to put name for reservations and different name for the card authentications.

yes, when you enter a bid, you need to list the name of the guest, then when you submit the bid, a page appears that lets you enter your credit card information; these names may be different. Upon check in, the hotel may ask for Identification for the name that appears on the reservation as well as a credit card for incidentals.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]