Priceline Hotel: Should I fly to Newark or JFK or Laguardia?

oriental_vanchick
By oriental_vanchick,
in

I've researched flying into all three NY airports. Newark ended up being about $60 cheaper. I would be arriving very late into any of the 3 airports I choose and am reluctant to pay the high price of staying in Manhatten an extra night just to sleep for a few hours. I was thinking of booking a budget hotel near the airport and then looking at my options for cheap transport into the Midtown.

I would like to hear your suggestions on whether I should save money on the flight, stay in a cheap hotel in Newark and possibly end up spending a bit more commuting to Midtown.

or.... should I spend a little more on airfare, fly into Laguardia or JFK and stay in a cheap airport hotel and commute to Midtown the next morning?

It would be one night stay in an airport hotel (Friday, March 13/09), commuting to Midtown the next morning. I will be travelling alone. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up NOT booking accommodations through either Hotwire or Priceline. Stayed with friends in the Upper West side instead yay!

My stay in NY was wonderful. I flew Vancouver - Montreal - Newark. Took your suggestion to take the Airtrain - NJ transit - Penn Station and subways 1,2,3 all led up to the apartment. I arrived around 8 pm on a Tuesday night and found that the airtrain/NJ transit and subway were very efficient.

The return trip to Newark, I decided to call for a shared shuttle van (Airlink?) because my luggage was quite heavy and I had several other bags to carry. The cost was $20. They arrived to my doorstep on time and because I was the last on the stop (there were two other couples in the van) the trip back to Newark only took 30-40 min. Would highly recommend this as an alternative if you have more than 1 luggage.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]