Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

Got this for my two closest friends visiting NYC from Toronto .... I was really hoping they'd get to experience the Hyatt. They need four nights and I'll try for something else for Oct 8-10 (Fri and Sat night).

Hotwire showed lower rates for these two days $118 ... while the other two were $225. I bid $55 and was rejected.

Your Offer Price: $37.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $74.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.19

Total Charges: $91.19

Way to go thesqueegeekid! I've been trying to get the Hyatt for Sep 22 & 23 for the last week without any luck. I'm glad to see the $37 bids are still being accepted. Hotwire shows the Hyatt at $116 for the 23rd and not at all for the 22nd. When I try for both days, Hotwire is asking $205. I've tried bidding them separately, thinking that the 23rd should be a shoe in, but no luck. Arrgh!

Like you, I'm doing this on someone else's behalf, so it's all the more frustrating, esp. when I've been talking up the Hyatt to such an extent that they don't really want to stay elsewhere.

When I was there last month, I was tempted to street park just opposite the hotel, but thought better of it. After reading your parking mis-adventure, I'm glad I did. We have enough of that type of activity here in Montr

• 2 weeks later...

Squeegee,

Don't know how i missed this upon my return from vacation.

If your friend needs some good eats/cheap eats or any help during his stay let me know and i'll help him out.

I've also started to put together a 'guide' for the Hoboken/Jersey City area and i'm sure it'll be posted by October.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Squeegee,

Don't know how i missed this upon my return from vacation.

If your friend needs some good eats/cheap eats or any help during his stay let me know and i'll help him out.

At the request of some users I've also started to put together a 'guide' for the Hoboken/Jersey City area and i'm sure it'll be posted by October.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]