Priceline Hotel: 2* Flagstaff-Sedona (Flagstaff) Econologe University

scrappysis
By scrappysis,
in

It could have no amenities... an Extended Stay type of property (which often only shows a Laundry icon), a Super8, Red Roof Inn, Days Inn, Travelodge, etc.

My wife has a rule when traveling alone: "No exterior corridors"... others may have a lower threshold, but if this is a concern then i would look at something higher rated.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately user PRICELINE well then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

Are you interested in bidding up to your limit for a 3* and then, if rejected, lowering to a 2.5* OR are you looking for the least expensive 2.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your post is in the correct place in this thread... all posts for the same stay go in the same thread. If you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Unfortunately at the 3* level you have no re-bid zones.

I don't think we have seen a 3* win in this zone is a VERY LONG time so i'm not very optimistic as to your success and with no re-bid zones you don't have that much time to lowball.

I'd try $45 for a 3*, if that is rejected wait 24 hours and try again, if that is rejected post back and we'll advise for a 2.5*.

Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I bid on a 3* in Flagstaff three times & was rejected at 35 & 40 & 45 dollars. I finally lowered to a 2* and increased my bid to 46 dollars and received the Econo Lodge a 2 *. I wanted to confirm a non-smoking room and was told none were avaiable. I called Priceline and after 48 minutes on hold I was finally allowed to speak to a supervisor. She called the hotel & they again confirmed there were no non-smoking rooms available. I politely but firmly stated that my daughter had a medical disability (asthma) & was not able to be around smoking. I continued to stress this was a medical disability and needed a refund to get another hotel. They offered to give me a refund for all but 25 dollars each night, and she then gave me a fax number to request a full refund. I got a note from her doctor and hope to get a full refund.

I was a bit nervous to book with either Hotwire or Priceline so I booked this trip direct with the Drury Inn and Suites and was very pleased with the hotel. (see review) Next time I need to be sure the hotel is non-smoking before I proceed with bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]