Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Chelsea-Madison Square Area 04/22-04/28

travlgrl
By travlgrl,
in

Thanks anyway. We already have a reservation at the Affinia Manhattan for $149, which is already a good deal, I think. It gets pretty good reviews and I like it's location since we're taking the LIRR to Penn Station. Since this 3.5* property is in the same area, I was hoping it could be the Affinia. It's not an easy decision. I may wait to see if something else comes out through HOTWIRE. I know I can also try PRICELINE, but I've never used it before. I'll let you know if I decide to go for it.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I am also getting this property as best deal for a 7 nights stay (06/11 - 06/18), I think it might be the Hotel Indigo, it seems to match perfectly with the amenities/description, plus, it has not Tripadvisor ratings yet. What do you think? By the way, would you recommend staying in Chelsea to a New York newbie?

Thanks anyway!

I made a new search for our same dates, 04/22-04/28, and I'm getting again this 3.5* CHelsea-Madison hotel, but now for $95! But still, no trip advisor rating. I know the Affinia Manhattan has non-smoking rooms, but they do have a trip advisor rating. Priceline also rates de Affinia Manhattan as 3.5*. I've searched also through Hotwire with a flight+hotel package, but again this property doesn't show up. Any other way to know, that I'm not aware of?

I did some research, and I've come up with 2 possibilities, not rated yet on trip advisor:

-The Gem Hotel Midtown West: 36th St. btwn 9th & 10th

-The Hilton Garden Inn West 35th: 35th St. btwn 5th & 6th

The Gem has only 1 review, but it is for a different hotel. The Hilton hasn't been reviewed yet. There are 3 more hotels with no reviews, but the dates do no match. The Doubletree Chelsea has arrivals starting April 19th, but Hotwire's $95 hotel can be booked for earlier dates. Hotel Indigo Chelsea isn't opening until July 5th and the VU Hotel is not taking reservations for April.

Could any of these match? Could they be a better option? FYI, the Affinia Manhattan is $149 and the Hotwire hotel is $95.

Not all HOTWIRE offerings will show Tripadvisor ratings... even if they've been reviews hundreds or thousands of times.

I wouldn't focus on properties with few or no reviews on Tripadvisor simply because this property isn't showing any Tripadvisor information associated with it.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FIGO,

Can you please add a NEW TOPIC to the board with the details of your purchase so that others will be aware of it when scanning the topic titles of the board, use the board's search function, and also have it appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]