Airfare Rebids

1f9mom
By 1f9mom,
in

Hi...

I am planning to name my own price on priceline, but had some questions regarding rebidding if my 1st bid isn't accepted.

I was wondering...if I am from a smaller state (Nebraska) planning to fly out of Omaha... and there are no additional airports in the area to rebid with...am I just out of luck with rebidding? I wouldn't want to drive 3 hours to Kansas City, and that is the only other decent sized airport around!

It is for a trip from Omaha (OMA) to Honolulu (HNL)

Any help with a rebidding strategy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ann

You may be able to re-bid by starting over and using another city name as your depature airport (ie- another city near Omaha, even if it doesn't have an airport) as described in this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding threads.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck with your bids and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

You could use the Des Moines, Iowa, airport (DSM) as an alternative for a re-bid, or you can wait the 24 hrs. and try to up your bid from Omaha. Or, you could change dates. When I bid for a trip, I usually start out at about 50% of the published airline's airfare. If I'm turned down, I change airport and/or date. I'm lucky because there are four major airports in the Los Angeles area. If you're turned down on the first try, wait the 24 hrs. and up your bid to 55%; then 60%, etc. I've used PRICELINE many times for hotels including a four star hotel that I got for a long weekend in Napa, Calif. in June at over 50% discount from rack rate. I was in Washington, D.C. for the cherry blossom weekend at a four star hotel downtown at $140/nt. I'm flying to Maui non-stop on 6/29 for $250 RT. If you have some patience and understand what you're bidding on, you can save lots of money on PRICELINE. Occasionally, I use HOTWIRE for certain areas (like Del Mar and Carlsbad, Calif.) because I can tell from the description which hotels they're quoting prices for. Good luck and good bidding. Cap

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]