Priceline Hotel: Hollywood 3.5*

cymru-man
By cymru-man,
in

There might not be any 3.5* hotels in Hollywood zone. When Priceline has 4* and 3* hotels in a zone but no 3.5* they'll still offer the 3.5* bidding option.

I can't find any Hollywood hotels rated 3.5* in Priceline's retail listings and offhand I can't think of any hotels that might qualify.

• 2 weeks later...
But if there is none then to risk using it as a free rebid...

Personally i wouldn't use this as a strategy...

With 5 months before your stay you should be able to come up with a systematic bidding strategy which tests the waters and makes sure you don't overbid... why take an unnecessary risk?

If you would like help bidding for this stay please let us know which star level you'd like to try for, your maximum bid, and which zone(s) are acceptable... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have got the Orchid suites at the moment as cover, stayed there with my wife in Feb-08. This year will be with our 2 daughters and the eldest's partner, could be our last family hol, due to 'kids' ages etc. While the Orchid is excellent as a hotel base for Hollywood, it requires us to pay the room rate at the end of the stay, and with the current collapse of sterling was hoping to pay now at the current exchange rate. Have countered this currently by loading a pre-paid travel card.

So in an ideal world would want a 4* in Hollywood that added with parking charges can at best equal Orchid suites or less. as for other zones, my eldest daughter who has never been to LA before wants to visit walk of fame, Universal studios etc, so if anyone has any suggestions for other zones etc. then please reply with you ideas.

Sorry for the long-winded life story/ family history etc, and many thanks in advance.

Have got the Orchid suites at the moment as cover, stayed there with my wife in Feb-08. This year will be with our 2 daughters and the eldest's partner,
Does this mean you're looking for one room that can accomodate five adults?
So in an ideal world would want a 4* in Hollywood that added with parking charges can at best equal Orchid suites or less
What is the Orchid Suites price that you're trying to beat?
my eldest daughter who has never been to LA before wants to visit walk of fame, Universal studios etc
The Metro train stops very near Orchid Suites (and the Hollywood 4* hotels) and will take you to Universal Studios. But if you bid for a room near Universal on Priceline you might or might not get a hotel near the train. Universal Studios is part of a much larger Priceline zone that also includes Burbank and Glendale. Hollywood would be a more central location. The tradeoff is that hotels in Burbank-Universal-Glenwood usually cost less than in Hollywood.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]