Hotwire Hotel: Wynn Trying to Rebook Me.

Leavinlv
By Leavinlv,
in

After getting the boot and now that Wells Fargo has pulled ou they are trying to rebook me. I have already cancelled my Trump room through Hotwire and rebooked at a 3 star for the same price. Now I get this letter from the Wynn in response to my complaint. Pretty funny. See below.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the reservation difficulties you are experiencing. Our goal is to provide the finest accommodations and service and I was sorry to learn that your experience was less than what would be expected.

Mr. XXXXX, I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing experience. However, we have had a large group that was unable to fill the rooms set aside for them and because of this we would like to extend the opportunity for you to reinstate your reservation with us.

In the interest of regaining your confidence in the level of service normally provided at Wynn Las Vegas, you will also will receive a complimentary breakfast buffet for two (2) persons. Upon arrival letters regarding the complimentary breakfast buffet can be picked up at the Wynn Concierge Desk with a photo ID.

The Hotwire Customer Care center will be contacting you over the next few days to reinstate your reservation and advise you of your options. Should you wish, you may call Hotwire Customer Care services at: 1-866- Hotwire (468-9473). We look forward to welcoming you to Wynn Las Vegas.

Sincerely,

Becky Nathan

Guest Relations Manager

I was 'walked' from the Wynn for next weekend and ended up getting a refund and rebooking through Hotwire and got Planet Hollywood.

I just got a call from Hotwire telling me that the Wynn was now available for my original reservation from Feb. 13 - Feb. 16 and that they would refund my Planet Hollywood reservation and rebook the Wynn at the original price.

I kinda hate myself for doing it because I know the only reason this happened is that Wells Fargo cancelled their reservations, but I agreed to switch back to the Wynn, as it saves our group almost $400, I get to keep the HotDollars that they gave me and the group was really looking forward to staying at the Wynn. The woman phoning me said I was the first person she called, so some people may be expecting a phone call this evening as well.

This wasn't the funnest situation, but at least it looks like we're going to get what we originally paid for, one way or another!

I just got a call from Hotwire telling me that the Wynn was now available for my original reservation from Feb. 13 - Feb. 16 and that they would refund my Planet Hollywood reservation and rebook the Wynn at the original price.

That's good customer service from HOTWIRE. (ie- allowing the cancellation of the Planet Hollywood)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While I'm impressed with Hotwire for doing that, people are still having issues with Wynn. Some family friends booked for next weekend and got Sunday and Monday, but not Saturday (Valentines). The hotel told they were on a waiting list for Valentines, and they'd call if there was any availability. Our friends booked the Palazzo as a safeguard. I've been following the issue on this site and trip advisor, and when people started saying that Wynn was attempting to re-book the original reservations, I called our friends and gave them a heads up (they did not book through Priceline or Hotwire thought-- too afraid they'd get a property she didn't want. The wife specificaly didn't want Trump-- because she doesn't like The Donald :) ). Anyway, each time I talked to her today, Wynn still hadn't called to offer them the third night. Curious, I went to the Wynn website and plugged in their dates, and there was availability in almost every category in both the Wynn and Encore! So she called them and they at first said there were still no rooms ( :) ) then when she said she understood the hotwire patrons were being booked, they offered her a room for the third night for over $400! Their original cost was something like $149 a night, so that was quite shocking to her. Add that to the fact that they HADN'T been called when they were assured they would be contacted if things opened up was not really great customer service. I suggested she call back and be really firm with them because that just wasn't right. I haven't heard from them to find out what happened as of yet.

I was also phoned yesterday and offered to be rebooked, I keep the HotDollars $125, plus two breakfast buffet coupons. I accepted and am happy with it. I could have spites them and be mad about it and refused, but really, I'd just be hurting myself, I'm just but one room. I wanted to stay at the Wynn, and now I am. I don't think I'd be deterred from using Hotwire in the future, but I would certainly go into it with my eyes more open. And would I book at the Wynn in the future, hell no, I never pay their regular prices, but I would take them again at a discount.

We decided to rebook with the Wynn as well. Hotwire really has been accomidating about this. When they called, they asked if we had other reservations and if they had any cancellation fees, etc. I hate giving them money, but at the end of the day, we really wanted to stay at the Wynn and it's a better bang for our buck than Planet Hollywood.

That said, I talked to customer service at around 6:30 last night. I've yet to receive email confirmation of the rebooking at the Wynn, it also hasn't yet been charged to my credit card. I'm holding on to my other reservation until then.

After speaking with the Hotwire representative they also were accomodating to cancel my new reservation that i had made at the Excalibur and rebook me at the Wynn at my original price as well as give me the Hotbucks back. Hotwire customer service has been exceptional as I am sure this has caused many headaches for their company as well as their customer service agents. They even set up a specific phone number just for people who had gotten bumped from the Wynn. For those of you who don't want to rebook out of spite that is fine but just realize that Wells Fargo is going to have to pay a hefty fee for the rooms that they booked and then cancelled as well as any space they reserved for meetings as well as events. The Wynn is not going to be out any money if you don't rebook, so think of yourself and the opportunity to stay in a very nice hotel for a lot less than what most 3 star on the strip were going for.

Just a question to everyone that decided to rebook with the Wynn. Has anyone been re-charged for their nights at the Wynn? I was refunded for the reservation I made with Planet Hollywood, so as of now I haven't paid Hotwire anything.

I called the Wynn yesterday and they said my reservation was still cancelled, so I called Hotwire and they said as long as I got the email from them saying I was rebooked that I was okay. They said I would be charged for the room at some point in the future. Just want to know if this is what's happened so far with everyone else. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]